Superbowl XLV: The Watching

Will Big Ben corner the Packers in the bathroom of a dive bar, or will Green Bay’s defense turn the tables on him?  More importantly, who’s down to watch and where should we do it? Normally I would nominate the Beethoven house, but with the recent loss of chin-strength there, maybe we should broaden our horizons.  Hollywood?  SB?  OC?  Let’s get the discussion going ASAP.

Feb 04, 2011 @ 03:49:41

I make an amusing comment about where I would like to theoretically watch the game, and it’s immediately followed by a convincing post from the location where I would be watching the match, if I were there. Strong work Bunchy! Go Costa Mesa Party! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooow! I liked the pictures best.

2. frickerigno
    Feb 03, 2011 @ 11:43:34

No one cares where you would rather watch the game ’tis, you live in Europe. The question on everyone’s mind, is where is ‘Coach’ going to watch the game? (http://www.seattlepi.com/dayart/20100208/4505728500.JPG) Again!

Feb 02, 2011 @ 21:16:56

I’m gonna have to side with the Costa Mesa Watching and the birthday Bunchy! Wheeeeeeoooooo! Looking forward to it M&T! virtually

4. Health
    Feb 02, 2011 @ 19:20:01

I’m gonna have to stick to LA as well because I work on Sunday and can’t get anyone to cover my shift. I wouldn’t be able to make it to M&Ts in time. See whoever ends up at the Beethoven house!

5. MoAP
    Feb 02, 2011 @ 17:19:23

It’s a Watch-off!

6. frickerigno
    Feb 02, 2011 @ 16:29:30

It sounds as though there are going to be rival parties happening, pretty much regardless of the consensus on the website. I think there’s a ‘Watching’ planned at Beethoven, and it sounds like a rival ‘Watching’ in Costa Mesa is pretty much in the works too. So i guess that means that its now, ‘Super Bowl XLV: The Great Schism’.

7. Letters
    Feb 02, 2011 @ 14:28:39

If The Watching is in OC, I doubt I’ll be able to go. LA is much more do-able for me, as I have to be back in SB at a reasonable hour Sunday evening to make a sports report. I’m on the radio.

Feb 02, 2011 @ 04:42:56

Where are you going to watch the game Baggs?

9. Letters
    Feb 01, 2011 @ 16:10:33

Dudes, totally forgot! If anyone can make it to Santa Barbara on Friday night, INTERPOL is playing the UCSB Events Center, aka The Thunderdome. I can’t do much about freebies, but tix are still on sale and it will not sell out. In fact, I don’t think it’s selling well, so you’ll be up close and personal more so than at any other venue on the tour… and you’re in Santa Barbara… and it’s fucking Interpol. I expect to see many of you there.

10. Education
    Feb 01, 2011 @ 15:46:36

Given all options, although Beethoven and its surrounding LA scene would make for cool party the night before…. I think it would be more prudent to shift to Bunch and Nephi’s down in Costa Mesa for The Watching. We Watchmen will have more space. If you think about the herd that will gather, its alot of man (Im talking about you Chuck) and alot of strength. Parking situation is better as well I think.

11. MoAP
    Feb 01, 2011 @ 09:33:33

Given the OC monks midterm/lodging issues, what do the LA monks think about watching down at Bunch’s? It would be a shame to have rival parties when we could be so much harderfasterstronger together. Another possibility is to meet in the middle and watch in Long Beach. Karina graciously offered to host.

Feb 01, 2011 @ 08:36:47

Ooohhhh…an outdoor TV in the shade enters the mix! Very strong. These emails are making me very happy/sad. And La Cave, fuck! And Slurpee…oh wait, that’s a minus column point.

13. Letters
    Jan 31, 2011 @ 21:03:25

Plenty of Chico love in this article:

14. MBM
    Jan 31, 2011 @ 20:28:55

Although I love the Beethoven, I don’t think getting a hotel room for the night is in the cards for me and scoobs, low on cash and have a midterm on monday (so will be going uuugghe on Sat but not Sunday). Bunch and Nephi have offered to throw the jam jam at their place in Costa, where one big screen will be placed outside underneath some shade for visability, and the other will be in the living room. They have a kegarator and a beer pong table. and loads of space for a potluck. We could throw down at La Cave the night before, which is in walking distance from Slurp Nasdee’s new bachelor pad (which has a couch large enough for two) or take a short cab ride to the Shamrock.

15. Minister of Art & Design
    Jan 31, 2011 @ 11:11:07

EVERYONE IS WELCOME AT BEETHOVEN THIS SUNDAY…my new couch needs some new stains! go PACKERS!

16. Health
    Jan 29, 2011 @ 18:11:56

Hopefully Glory won’t space and post his response next Monday.

Jan 29, 2011 @ 08:56:55

“The Watching”. Strong title. Will miss you guys.

18. mandrew 'I've always loved the Packers' fricker
    Jan 28, 2011 @ 17:25:42

While there may be slightly less chin at Beethoven, Old Glory Persons just got a new couch, and I think it probably still reigns as the ideal locale. It really is up to Glory, I know he has a soccer game that morning, but I would be willing to play host at my old residence if he would be agreeable to that. We’d just need to bring meat, beer, and heat.

My boy ‘A-Rodge’ is gonna have himself a day, bringing glory to those who share his hometown. Weeeehoo!

19. Health
    Jan 28, 2011 @ 13:14:38

I have to work that morning til later in the afternoon so if we don’t do somethin in LA, I won’t be able to get dere