IFS goes to Duketown

Esteemed Ministers,

In discussions with several of you durring my brief visit to California over the Christmas break, it was made clear to me that there is a groundswell of support for the IFS-Durham pilgrimage I have advocated for since my first months in tabacco country. Though I know the journey is far and pocketbooks are slim, however I assure you the rewards of such a mission will substantially outweigh the costs.

Therefore I would like to formally invite you all to join me in the land of biscuits and gravy for what will prove to be an adventure of legendary proportions.  Nestled comfortably between Iraqi Kurdistan and Kosovo, Durham proudly holds 35th place on the NY Times’ list of greatest cities to visit in the world in 2011, and in the wake of an IFS assalt, I am confident Durham can surpass the Kurds by 2012.

In lue of a longwinded explanation of all the wonders Durham has to offer, I submit to you this list of web-links for establishments we will patronize should my invitation be accepted:

….and many more

Now the question is when. I suggest a Thursday through Sunday timeline (with arrival prior to dinner on Thurs).  I will try to make whatever date works best for you fit with my schedule.  As a starting point for discussion, I propose the weekends of:

Feb 17-20, March 10-13 or 17-20 (my spring break), April 7-10 or 14-17

Please discuss dates amongst yourselves and contact me with any questions. I hope too see you all in Durham soon.

Good Flapjack to you,

The Rebbi

1. Rabbi of Leisure
    Feb 02, 2011 @ 05:08:00

Wish I could be at The Watching with you guys. Try to use the superbowl party as an opportunity to figure out what dates are best for the exodus to Durham. From the comment series it seems like most people are feeling April. If April is the jam, try to do it before the 18th, as finals are looming directly after.

Jan 28, 2011 @ 08:33:41

soooo…are we having a cheese head Super Bowl?!

3. Phil'
    Jan 27, 2011 @ 22:34:41

A-Rodge and I go way back dude…way back. That’s why I call him A-Rodge.

4. madrew
    Jan 27, 2011 @ 20:21:59

Close personal friends Shredder, just like Dante.

Jan 27, 2011 @ 10:13:34

This sounds great Rabbi!…and the whisk-ar bar looks like quite the establishment. I’ve heard that Coachella is sold out or on the brink of it, so my vote would coincide with that weekend, April 14-17. Also, I will just be finishing up a production that week, so it’s really the only weekend trip I can swing…In other news, does anyone give a fuck about the Super Bowl?…except for all the guys from Chico who are “friends” with Rodgers…I kid, I kid.

Jan 26, 2011 @ 11:55:10

April seems like it would work best for me as well.

7. History
    Jan 26, 2011 @ 00:11:45

Either March date and that first date in April work for me. Otherwise, no gravy plane for me.

8. Phil'
    Jan 25, 2011 @ 13:05:00

Whoa, this sounds exciting! March dates would coincide with my Spring break too but I understand I would be a minority in this vote. Then again I’m no stranger to being a minority (I’m waiving my Mexican flag… it’s small) sigh. April would be tougher but I can try and make it happen anything after March would be good too.

9. MoAP
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 13:39:55

let’s get dere in april.

Jan 24, 2011 @ 12:55:44

Oh, the strength of this post makes me very happy/sad. If possible, I’m for summer dates…that’s when I’ll be back in the USA. If not, enjoy the gravy and booze and gravy.

Nova: very strong.

11. Minister of Health & Trade
    Jan 22, 2011 @ 19:08:15

April dates are preferred for me as well, as I won’t be able to make any of the others because of dork school. Not sure if anyone is going to Coachella, but April 14-17 will coincide with that weekend. I’m gonna head to Coachella if we arent doing IFS Durham that weekend. My vote is for April with Mandrew.

12. Education
    Jan 22, 2011 @ 17:23:12

Shalom to you, Rebbi.

Lets keep confirming etc those dates. I will begin looking into clearing that weekend for time off work.

True to your namesake, you lead us chosen people across the River Jordan into the Promised Land of Durham whenceforth you will lead us into alcoholic holy war against the natives.

13. madrew
    Jan 22, 2011 @ 10:18:24

Nice one Rebbi! You’ve been letting your beard grow out a bit. For the links, just copy and past the links into the browser, the websites are still there. I’d love an IFS exodus to Durham. I propose the April dates, as I will likely be out of commission for March.

14. Rabbi of Leisure
    Jan 22, 2011 @ 09:56:06

Sorry the web-links don’t work. Please do not let this detail detract from the importance of the proposal.