The Return of Revelry

The much anticipated return of the Minister of Revelry and Spirits will be mid-March, and it seems like an appropriate time to tentatively schedule our spring meeting.  I spoke with R&S regarding our spring meeting and I looks like the weekend of March 27-29th is one of the only weekends that will work.75477760_996dfd6d6c_b.jpg

Since our Santa Barbara brothers have so graciously taken the last few meetings on their shoulders I figured it would be a good time to bring back the LA meeting.  I am willing to organize the festivities with the help of our other Angelino Ministers to put together a proper welcome back party.

LA.jpg

Here’s what I’m thinking for a tentative plan:

Friday March 27th – Ministers arrive.  I work right next to LAX, if anyone wants to fly in I can pick them up at the airport.  Ideally a 5-6 arrival time would be perfect.  We will find some local watering hole to wet our whistles in the evening.

Saturday March 28th – Morning meeting at a predetermined pancake house. Location TBD.
Post meeting activities could include, concert, sports, beach, more drinking.  I think this will be in the heart of the NCAA Mens tournament, so  watching some college hoops might be appropriate.  (By the way is someone going to set up an IFS bracket?)

Sunday March 29th – Open. LA is a city full of activities and there’s a number of fun things we could do.

Obviously this is a very preliminary post to determine people’s availability for the weekend.  The details will follow.  Please look into possible activities which might fit with our group and suggest them to me, the weekend is a blank canvas and we need to paint it red.

thirst_4_blood.jpgLet me know what you think brothers, the sooner we can nail this one down, the sooner I can start making plans.  We may need some hotel rooms, etc.

P.S.  Keep working on the Taco reviews, I had some mediocre Mexican meat pancakes this weekend (not from this truck), hardly even work a mention, but they’re out there.  Bring it.

la_vida_taco.jpg

1. letters
    Feb 17, 2009 @ 10:35:50

like you said in the email, together, it will be stronger. I would love to get these guys in as guest members too. They’ve done this trip for the last several years and would be able to help us make the best plans possible. You guys remember Dane from wine tasting… he’s the guy who sets this whole thing up and i know he’d be stoked to join us again.

2. frickerigno
    Feb 17, 2009 @ 09:31:26

The Doyers hat was indeed no accident as I was thinking of an ‘LA’ meeting, however I see the parallel meaning. Baggs, I think Spring training would be sweeet, however I don’t want to rain on the 909 boys parade. Thoughts?

3. letters
    Feb 17, 2009 @ 02:22:28

frankly, i think it’s fate that ‘Verse is wearing a Doyer hat in the post… I’m just sayin’ is all…

4. Revelry & Spirits
    Feb 16, 2009 @ 23:26:21

Frick, thanks for making the post… I will set up the 64 bracket unless someone else is on it. We have two options here:
    1. Non-formal event in LA (Brown Suit might be unveiled), food drinks and College BBall.
    2. Spring Training IFS no need to explain. Went about four years ago, and I made soooo much party it was painfully fun. Was in handcuffs for about ten minutes, thats another story. This is the first year the Doyers(Mike’s and my team)are playing in the Cactus League in AZ…games all day and drinks all day and night.
    I can do both….one event is epi-gnar and the other is “Give me the Blood Lord, Give me the Blood”….I’m stoked either way…I will email everyone to put it to a vote….

5. letters
    Feb 16, 2009 @ 19:57:28

there’s no way to change the arizona dates. the spring training weekend was not planned by me… the 909 homies planned this a while ago and a couple of the Baggs bros are going to be there that weekend too. IFS: Arizona? ROAD TRIP!!!

6. maritime
    Feb 16, 2009 @ 16:02:26

That weekend in March is not good for me. plans have already been made to be in Az for some Doyers spring training.

Feb 16, 2009 @ 15:24:30

My belly is full of carnitas so I will try to keep this short.
    I was also interested in Spring Training. There are other Spring Training weekends if the group rallies behind this date, but yeah there is only one more weekend of Spring Training afterward.
    Tahoe was talked about for the 4th of July I believe? I just added you to the About page MOH. This would be right in the middle of the Superbowl meeting and a 4th of July meeting.
    I can make it. We can plan more fun activities if this date works for everyone. Nice work.

8. frickerigno
    Feb 16, 2009 @ 15:13:46

The Tahoe weekend was going to be our summer meeting, July 4th weekend. Is there any other weekend Spring training might work for yous guys, I think R&S can only do March, 27th weekend. He’s only got one shot, do not miss your chance to blow!

9. letters
    Feb 16, 2009 @ 13:34:03

Nice MOM. Wasn’t there mention at last meeting of having a meeting in the Tahoe area? or was that brought up to be held later in the year? Schmimmy and I had plans to be in Arizona for Spring Training that weekend. shit.