IFS: More Rocco

We are less than a week away from another splendid IFS weekend.  There are still a few minor details that need to be arranged, but everything appears to be coming together swimmingly.

Friday Night:

rocco.jpg

Welcome back Rocco!!!  Everyone will be coming into Santa Barbara at their leisure.  For those getting into town at a reasonable time (before 10-10:30), you can plan on meeting up at the Mesa House.  For anyone else arriving later, plan on meeting up at Old Kings Road.

You are all aware of what kind of accommodations the Mesa House can provide, so plan accordingly.  I know several people ended up getting hotel rooms last time, so coordinate with anyone else who might like to do this again… otherwise, inflatable mattresses, blankets, spooning partners, etc. might be a good idea.

Saturday:

crest.jpg
Our boy Miguel at the Goleta IHOP has confirmed our reservation.  We will arrive at IHOP @ 11am… this is a touch later than when we usually would have breakfast, but I am timing it so we can arrive at Zodo’s a little before 2pm.  If you think alloting three hours for meeting won’t be enough, I can always call and change the reservation time.

zodo's.jpg

Okay, so this is what I’ve been busy putting together for the last couple of weeks (Beware: this story sucks ass and is a huge bummer, but we are using this IFS weekend to help make a difference for a family that could use our help.)

If you watched the news around Christmas time, you might have heard/read about the disgruntled ex-family member who dressed up as Santa, busted into his former family’s Christmas Eve party, killed 9 people and set their home on fire.  Unfortunately, this story hit close to home for myself and Jimmy.  Our friend from high school, James Ortega, left that very Christmas Eve party moments before that piece of shit showed up.  Tragically he lost nine of his closest family members, including his parents and grandparents.  Since that time, there has been an incredible outpouring of support from all over and I wanted this IFS weekend to be a part of that.

So I have arranged for Zodo’s to donate a percentage of the proceeds generated on Saturday between 2pm and 5pm to the Ortega family (20% of bowling and 15% of food and beverage).  I’m going to get my fellow DJ’s here to help me promote this event in the hopes that we can get plenty of other people from town to throw some rocks for a good cause.

So that leaves us with Saturday evening.

18077_large.jpg
  I want this to be the portion of the weekend we use to celebrate the birth of M+T.  This part of the weekend is open for suggestion.  Perhaps a bbq @ the Mesa House?  This way we can eat, relax a bit after a heavy afternoon, and get ourselves cleaned up before hitting up downtown later in the evening.  But, again, this part is open for suggestion… comments encouraged.

Super Bowl Sunday:

cocktailwaitress-thumb-250x493.jpgStep 1: Eat Leisure’s Food

Step 2: Find a seat
Step 3: Tip well

Cool?  Cool.

08-01-17_money8.jpg

As far as money goes, there’s nothing other than breakfast ($30-$40 typically) and up front cocktail waitress cost ($10-$20… still establishing that) that really has a “fixed” price.  Like Rousing said when announcing our Philly trip, you can spend like Nova or Spend like Finance.  So here’s a list of shit you’ll be sure to be spending money on:

OKR on Friday night, IHOP, Zodo’s, food for bbq (if that’s what we do on Saturday evening), OKR on Saturday night, cocktail waitress fees & tips, Super Bowl booze, Super Bowl food.

So there are still a couple of details to be worked out, but everything will come together by the time the weekend rolls around, and please comment if you have any thoughts.

I feel that keeping this weekend OG is going to be an awesome way to welcome Rocco back to the States.

Looking forward to it boys!

1. History
    Jan 28, 2009 @ 00:53:09

Mandrew – I wrote the post about driving home Sunday night and signed it MOH instead of Minister of History. From now on I’ll post as ‘History’ so the Minister of Health doesn’t get roped into sharing hotel beds with M+T.

2. letters
    Jan 27, 2009 @ 13:47:09

nice job on the hotel, mandrew. what do you guys want to do after bowling on saturday for M+T’s Bday??

3. mandrew
    Jan 27, 2009 @ 13:38:16

Ok y’all. To alleviate a little pressure on the always stressed Mesa residence I booked a room at the Sandpiper as a secondary tree for tired monkeys. It should be a 2 bedroom (one queen, two doubles) with bed space for 6 and floor space for more. So far I got Comp, and M&T and Health sharing a bed. Wardrobe, Auditory, I think you guys paid last time, so i’ll cover you this time if you want. I got dibs on one side of the Queen, who wants to spoon?!?!

4. mandrew
    Jan 27, 2009 @ 08:28:07

Health, I think i need to work monday too, can i catch a ride back to LALA land.

5. MOH
    Jan 27, 2009 @ 01:20:38

I’m down to go in on a room as long as I can share a bed with M+T, again. I’m working Monday so I’m heading back Sunday night. Let me know if anyone wants to carpool.

Jan 26, 2009 @ 18:00:36

I am interested in a room MOM. It was nice to have last meeting.
    Sweet AD, we will keep the party going on Sunday. Let’s touch base later this week to figure out carpools.

7. mandrew
    Jan 26, 2009 @ 15:32:57

all, is anyone interested in throwing down for a hotel room. Mesa can be a bit crowded for these weekends. If I get enough interest I can pull the trigger.

8. Art and Design
    Jan 26, 2009 @ 14:07:31

I officially have the day off on monday. That means more fun with Rocco. the only thing that sucks right now is that i have to wait all week for this weekend to happen.

Jan 26, 2009 @ 12:11:46

Nice Baggs, whatever you can work out for Saturday night. I’d like to bring up some good beers so we could drink them in a semi-formal fashion, but they would be heavy and tough to do before going out to dinner that night so I’m not sure it’s a good fit for this weekend.
    What is everyone’s plan as far as Sunday? Who’s driving back that day? I might take a sick day on Monday.

Jan 26, 2009 @ 11:24:35

Great job once again Baggs. You are taking our Society in a strong, inspiring direction. I wish I could be there for it.

Jan 26, 2009 @ 10:22:16

Upland boys, my most sincere condolences for the family of your friend. That’s a terrible story and I’ll happily donate to the cause.

12. Revelry & Spirits
    Jan 26, 2009 @ 04:36:45

Well done Bernie! Continuing 09 domination…In regards to the calendar, it is for upcoming events. This time around I am going to make it with Outlook and attach in an email so everyone can print it off if they want. Then I will send out an email prior to the start of each month, detailing the future events or special dates. I want to send it as an email so everyone is held accountable, rather than claiming that they just didn’t look at the site. In the future I plan to make a physical calendar with some IFS picks inlcuded…..if you haven’t already please send me dates, even if it is just your BDay……