Dan Lacey: Painter of Pancakes

daily_inspirational_catholic_image2.jpgMinisters and Rabbi, it pains me to bury E’s excellent agenda post, but I think this is worthy.  I present to you the work of Dan Lacey, an obscure cartoonist who recently rose to interweb fame by painting pictures of historic figures with pancakes on their heads.  I’m currently looking into getting a signed print for our artifact collection.  Here are a few more examples of his work:

Barack Obama

Dick Cheney

Sarah Palin (with shortstack)

Bunny

1. anomFoemn
    Apr 16, 2009 @ 00:38:24

hm… really like it :)

2. letters
    Jan 30, 2009 @ 00:21:34

it’s 12:20am. IFS weekend has officially arrived! tonight we dine in hell.

Jan 29, 2009 @ 02:25:14

MoAP – Awesome post! And dont’t worry, I won’t try to outshine or distract from your post with several not-as-strong links. Great work MoAP! I vote for the Obama Pancake Portrait.

4. Revelry & Spirits
    Jan 28, 2009 @ 23:47:56

Oh Clam Jam….nice work Law Dawg!

Jan 28, 2009 @ 16:45:17

*far = find

Jan 28, 2009 @ 16:43:50

I will pitch in for the print, 20 bucks, signed.
    I far this piece of art far more interesting though:
    I will attempt to describe, it is a painting of President Obama in the nude, riding a unicorn that is wearing an outfit from the Fallout 3 video game, in post-apocalyptic DC. I want it.

Jan 28, 2009 @ 16:36:24

Thank you for this post as it forced me to look up the bunny picture only to find its origins through the wonder that is Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oolong_(rabbit)
    Long live Oolong! So was this artist inspired by Hironori Akutagawa and Oolong?
    Oh and some other things to get the debate flowing: Do you consider pancakes art? What is art?

8. frickerigno
    Jan 28, 2009 @ 14:55:40

Wow, that is pretty amazing. How come Palin gets a shortstack?