It’s here!

duck.gif
College football is back.  We can thank our lord and savior for that.  I can also be a little bit bitter with him considering that Oregon has already lost Nate Costa, their best QB, to an ACL tear.  Combine that with the fact the Justin Roper went down hard last night and wasn’t able to finish, and we are left with our 3rd and 4th options behind the center.  That still didn’t stop us from pounding the Huskies 44-10, dominating them in virtually every aspect of the game.  We knew that we had some awfully big shoes to fill in the QB spot this year and were not expecting to have a Dixon back there anyway…so don’t count us out.
Pstate.jpgPaterno tied Bobby Bowden for most wins in CFB history as the Nittany Lions rolled over an outmatched Coastal Carolina team, in the proccess showing they can put points on the board and winning 66-10.

usc.jpgThe Trojans showed what they are capable of as they steamrolled a not-so-good VA team.  Mark Sanchez was particularly impressive completing 26/33 to nine different targets, for a total of 338 yds and a td.

ucla-07-mast-logo-m-footbl.jpgThe Bruins will have their hands full when the Tennesse Volunteers come to the Rose Bowl tomorrow.  With an inexperienced secondary, the Bruins will have to try and get pressure on the Vols Jonathon Crompton who will be throwing from behind an impressive o-line.  The Bruins are facing problems at the QB spot, just like my beloved Ducks, and will be looking for San Diego State transfer, Kevin Craft, to step up and make some plays.  Best of luck, go get one for the PAC-10.

1. Competition
    Sep 01, 2008 @ 00:22:01

Second oops, I meant 3 tds for Sanchez.

2. Health
    Aug 31, 2008 @ 14:33:52

UCLA will lose tomorrow by double digits, Penn State will be a top 15 team this year, the Dogs will upset the Scarlet Knights, and SC will win the national championship… sorry bout it

3. nova
    Aug 31, 2008 @ 13:52:51

flem jam, what about fresno playing rutgers at rutgers. dont forget about those loveable dogs. arf arf.

4. comp
    Aug 31, 2008 @ 13:51:26

I got an e-mail on Wednesday informing me that Judge Aichroth (Los Angeles Superior Court) identified the recently enacted law against the taco trucks of LA as a “naked restraint of free trade.” That doesn’t sound too American to me holmes. I wasn’t sent any other specifics on the issue, but have requested some, so I’ll give you all an update when I get a chance. I’m sure Frickeringo is probably also up to speed on this, so maybe he has some more details?
    Germany: We miss you.

5. frickerigno
    Aug 31, 2008 @ 13:40:39

Thanks for the charity UCLA shout out. Lets see if Neuheisel can return UCLA football to something resembling a respectable college football team. Fuck.

Aug 31, 2008 @ 13:18:41

Strong post. Informative and helpful. Miss you Flem jam.