Social Development

obey-obama-progress.jpg
Sorry this post will be a bit convoluted, but I have a few things to bring up. Here are the things I would like to discuss:

1. I tried to deliver password protected posts yesterday, but they aren’t going to work in our current system. There are two options moving forward to achieve this goal:
    • keep us on MovableType but move over to dynamic content (php). This would have the least effect on everyone, but as I have found from using MT, it is not as widely supported as WordPress, so there are less cool plugins.
    • move us onto WordPress. This would be a new system, but it is really similar to MT so everyone should be able to figure it out. I know we just moved so I am weighing that in my decision. The last move took several days time so I will not be making this move for a while.

2. The I.F.S. Game is moving along nicely. I have added a link to the top of the left column for easy access in the future. Everything is set for another level, but it would be nice to get the scoreboard completed as well. Which would you rather see first?
  3. The I.F.S. Constitution – Our beloved Minister of Philanthropy has drafted a more formal constitution that needs to be melded with our napkins so that we have super sacred documents. Philanthropy has some great ideas for formalizing some elements of our society in an effort to preserve it’s original intent, while providing groups of ministers the freedom to conduct meetings and business.
  4. The Next I.F.S. Meeting – We have a real need for some business to be taken care of, and the next meeting is a great opportunity for this to happen. I don’t want to sink ships, but from what I have heard Chicago is not going to happen, as there are many unknowns in people’s lives right now. The latest I heard from Team Germany was that they will not be able to make it. I personally am sitting on my rebate money, but could really use it to cover the past month’s credit bills as I apparently got a little crazey.
  5. It Doesn’t Happen At IHOP – I got the call and our story was a runner-up.

Any other business to discuss?
pancake-sausage-chocolate-chip.jpg
evolution.jpg

Jul 06, 2008 @ 04:30:04

Buwtiful post…so much progress. SF for a meeting sounds great…selfishly, I would like to be there for the first OC meeting. But, I assume there will be many more to come, so, not too worried about it. Sorry that Chicago cant happen for me, but tickets alone are over a grand. Someday…

2. comp
    Jul 02, 2008 @ 16:20:08

BTW, great post M&T

Jul 02, 2008 @ 13:24:34

Yeah, I’m going to the Outside Lands Festival that weekend 22 – 24 so I couldn’t do it that weekend. I’m not opposed to two SF weekends, just saying OC is due as well, and would be the easier for the majority due to proximity. I understand it’s not as hip, but we do have the Angels, Disneyland, and Sandy Cohen

4. letters
    Jul 02, 2008 @ 13:10:10

M+T, do you already have plans while you’re up in SF in August, or would you want to plan a meeting during that time?
    It’s true, we’ve never had an official SF IFS meeting… maybe we’re due.

5. comp
    Jul 02, 2008 @ 12:52:16

I would love to have a meeting in San Fran. We haven’t done that since I’ve been on board and it is the city of brotherly love (not necessarily gay). We could still go see a ball game at a very badass ball park (Giants vs. Doyers, Aug 9th?) I know it’s not letters’ beloved cubbies who are kicking ass right now, but I think it’s a decent consolation. I feel like this would be a good mix between the pricey Chicago trip and tried and true turnpike IHOP. I’m happy to coordinate or co-coordinate if the enthusiasm is there. Let me know what you guys think.

Jul 02, 2008 @ 12:47:54

I was going to suggest OC since we have several places to stay within 10 minutes of each other, and LA is closer, but I could SF. Just already going up there Aug. 21 – 25 personally.

Jul 02, 2008 @ 12:40:39

Yeah, its a bummer about the trip, but I know for me personally I’m practically broke with just moving to a new city and living off the streets…inner city pressure. Are we gonna have the meeting at Turnpike? OC? How about up north now that Comp is moving up here and AP and myself are here…huh, change of pace, I’ve spotted an IHOP or two.

Jul 02, 2008 @ 11:56:22

Yeah Letters airfare and gas are just ridiculous. With all ministers with the exception of ze germans here in California it’s tough, but I think everyone appreciates the enthusiasm you were bringing to the table. So what does everyone think of August or September for I.F.S. The Division & Reunification.

9. letters
    Jul 01, 2008 @ 22:29:06

well, if it’s not going to happen, it’s not gonna happen… though it would have been nice to keep the guy who was trying to organize the trip in the loop. but, whatever… when we started talking about this, gas was $2.80 a gallon, so i understand.
    so, when’s next meeting? We’ve got some shit to figure out.