Decisions, Decisions

fiesta.jpg

First off, it’s Fiesta weekend here in Santa Barbara, so I just wanted to throw that out there.  I know some of you are already coming up… The Mesa house welcomes you!

Second… Happy Birthday Minister of Wardrobe!!!

birthday_monkey.JPG

Third, we’re at a bit of a crossroads here regarding the location of our next meeting.

Thinker_1.jpg

There are many IHOPs within close proximity of Angel Stadium.  None of which are proving to be as accommodating as our beloved Goleta location.  The IHOPs in the OC either serve beer, but do not have a private room, or, they have a private area for us, but do not serve beer (more so the latter).  I have already asked about the BYOB option, and no one is going for it

…and yes I have already played the “but we got runner-up in the national It Happens At IHOP contest!” card.

So, I wanted to open this up for discussion.  Considering the serious nature of some of the issues that will be brought to the table, I ask which is more important to you:

BEER

Budweiser - Label.jpg

…or PRIVACY

do_not_disturb_sign.jpg

We should figure this out soon so I can go ahead with the reservation.  I have places lined up for whichever way we decide to go.  Thanks y’all!
Love Letters

Aug 01, 2008 @ 14:41:05

The good work comment was for the PR push to get us out there to the world, I’m sorry to neglect your efforts rousing. It’s a glorious story.

Aug 01, 2008 @ 14:03:52

3. diego el diablo
    Aug 01, 2008 @ 12:39:25

did you say side of steak?! Oh sprammy!

Aug 01, 2008 @ 12:33:03

Yeah, too bad the Germans can’t attend meeting those GC’s are going to buy a lot of sides of steak.

5. interior
    Aug 01, 2008 @ 12:29:28

rousing? I never knew…this whole time…you deserve it, you worked very hard, yet nobody knew of your efforts. Why wouldn’t anyone involved in the process point this fact out? I only hope the gift certificate is shared equally, unlike the praise.

Aug 01, 2008 @ 12:21:21

Thank you for the kind words. We BOTH thank you.
    That’s right. This was an INTERNATIONAL effort. M&T and Rousing…a combined effort (or Rousing and M&T, considering that I penned the rough draft). Regardless of order, the English Majors put their years of drunk/hungover/delirious essay composition to good use.
    So, thanks once again for the kind words. WE worked very hard on the IFS: The Composition.

7. letters
    Aug 01, 2008 @ 12:03:55

beautifully composed… particularly the “growing old along side you” line. i got all misty-eyed.

Aug 01, 2008 @ 11:47:40

Nice work on the IHOP website Bunchy. We’re official.

Aug 01, 2008 @ 11:37:45

Our story is finally up on the ihop website: http://www.ihop.com/it-happens-at-ihop/index.php

10. Health
    Aug 01, 2008 @ 00:06:37

Let’s go with privacy on this one.. We’ve got a whole day of drinking ahead of us. ManRam in LA? Viva los Doyers (except between August 11-14)..

Jul 31, 2008 @ 16:18:17

Yeah the chin is an always an option. I vote for privacy considering this will be a business minded meeting and the issues discussed should be amongst brothers. Or if there was an IHOP which could provide a nice corner table with Buds that’s be good too. Use your judgment.

Jul 31, 2008 @ 12:04:05

I vote for both. Sneak the beer in underneath Fricker’s chin.

Jul 31, 2008 @ 11:50:25

I like my business private, and my boozing public. We have a long day of tailgating and stadium brews to consider so my vote is for a private room.