I.F.S. The Game – Level 2

duckhunt.jpg

Several weeks have been spent on improving the game since the first demo.

Here are the improvements:

– Now has a 2nd level – help Schroeder find his way.

– You now bounce off enemies when you jump on them

– There is a preloader for the game, probably won’t see it, but it’s there.

– In Level 2, there is now water / lava, don’t fall in or you die.

– You can no longer jump through the bottom of floors / walls

– The clock is now fixed so it doesn’t start ticking away until the first level actually starts.

– In Level 2, there is a boss of sorts…

– And finally, there is now a scoreboard. I haven’t prettied it up, but from now on scores will be saved when you hit save, so in the next week or so I will have a pretty scoreboard in place.

– Oh and I almost forgot, I don’t have time to fix this, but our beloved anthem now gets played in a round when you advance to level 2, twice the anthem, twice the fun.

– For you score junkies out there the new highest score possible after the two levels is 6800 pts or somewhere around there.

Enjoy the game, see many of you in a few hours.

Flapjack,
M+T

Play the New and Improved IFS – The Game V2.0

1. comp
    Jun 30, 2008 @ 22:39:33

Awesome bunchy. Will you throw up a link on the left-hand column of the site at some point so we can have easy access to flying-waffle stomping?

Jun 30, 2008 @ 19:32:05

Just wanted to let everyone know that the game is still moving along. I’ve put things in place for more levels to be added, created a flying enemy that you can preview on level 1 right now, and most importantly, have implemented better enemy collision detection in the game, so it is more precise.
    Let me know what you think. Level 3 should hopefully drop sometime this week.

Jun 25, 2008 @ 17:08:18

Alright, I’ve fixed the bugs that have been bothering me for a while. Still trying to work out why the music won’t stay muted, but at least the button is working as it should.
    Looking at the scoreboard, Health, has taken what could be the high score for levels 1 + 2, with a time of 1:04 with 6800 pts.

Jun 19, 2008 @ 13:00:40

I’ve updated the game to fix the sound. The mute button is still a bit wonky, but I have put the megamix jam on level 2. Health, I added a checkpoint to level 2 just for you.
    -M+T

Jun 18, 2008 @ 10:53:22

Nova,
    Yeah the scoreboard still needs work, and unfortunately it’s time consuming work. But I checked the score files, and here are our top 10 times, all of these are 6800’s:
    1. G.F.Y. – 1:29
    2. nova – 1:33
    3. schweinstegger – 1:37
    4. I dont stab people, in the back or otherwise – 1:44
    5. Health – 1:45
    6. comp – 1:47
    7. comp – 2:11
    8. deep knight – 2:33
    9. MT Rules – 2:59
    10. Health – 4:01

6. nova
    Jun 18, 2008 @ 05:52:19

bunch my score don’t show up, i know i made it do what it do…

Jun 15, 2008 @ 18:32:24

M&T living up to his title and his ‘Member of the Year’ trophy.

Jun 14, 2008 @ 01:35:35

Bunch, you have no idea what this means to us out here. Thank you so, so much.

9. health
    Jun 14, 2008 @ 00:03:05

Hey Buncher,
    anyway you can add a checkpoint in the middle of each level? It sucks running through after “you dead” with no waffles to jump on