Selection Sunday

Madness.jpgOk sports fans, here we go.  It’s that time of year again where those of us in America can enjoy the greatest of all college sporting events, the NCAA men’s basketball tournament.

080102-Tyler Hansbrough-vmed-8p.widec.jpg
Whether you are most excited about the wide open field, the opening day upsets, Dickie V’s new set of vocal chords, or the simple fact that we don’t have to look at Joakim Noah’s fucked-up face this year, we all have a reason to be stoked.

Dickie.jpg

As minister of competition I’d like to announce the IFS bracket group on espn.com.  To join simply go to the espn site, make an entry for the tournament and select join a group from the groups tab.  Once there the group name is IFS and the password is a familiar eight letters that start with “f” and ends with “k”
Thumbnail image for love.jpgYou gotta be in it to win it and the cost is 10 bucks per bracket.  So get your money in before the big dance kicks off on Thursday of this coming week and we’ll be set.  Call me with questions and good luck.  May the best minister or rabbi win.

1. defense
    Mar 20, 2008 @ 11:51:19

Password. Secrets. Defense. More pictures of Fleming.

Mar 20, 2008 @ 10:14:40

Oh, and mandrew, I looked into password protecting posts and it is possible, just going to take some work. Some of you may have noticed comments were broken for the last 12 hours, that was me tinkering around.

Mar 20, 2008 @ 10:12:30

For anyone who forgot to watch, UCSB lost to Ole Miss yesterday. UCSB came out hustlin’ in the first ten minutes of the game, and at one point had a 10-point lead, but a lack of depth and size quickly put an end to UCSB’s hopes of advancing to the next round. Alex Harris added points to his already school-high record for points.
    Now on to the big dance ladies, you can mail your checks to me now.

Mar 20, 2008 @ 05:02:40

What you say me?

Mar 19, 2008 @ 19:23:56

Athletics and I just watched UCSB crumble in the second half to Ole Miss’ onslaught of three pointers…raindrop!

6. mandrew
    Mar 19, 2008 @ 17:43:29

you leave M&T alone! However if we could password protect a part of the site, that’d be neat.

7. defense
    Mar 19, 2008 @ 17:15:52

I can’t use this anymore until we have password protection. I can’t fully express myself in a public forum.

8. nova
    Mar 19, 2008 @ 15:59:20

a simple im sorry for the spam would have sufficed, i hope i didnt upset you, i guess my only problem with this site would be how volatile it seems to make people.

Mar 19, 2008 @ 14:10:23

Nova – We had more spam on Typepad. The only thing we can do about it would be make everyone have to register to comment which is weak for anyone that’s not a member. We were able to use Typepad for free, not sure how exactly, I think my brother was generously paying the fee each year, but he has moved off it, so unless we wanted to pay $300 each year to keep it there we had to move. I’m paying for the hosting now, which I don’t mind doing since it is on a server that I can use for other things and Movable Type is the free enterprise version of Typepad. What’s your complaints about the current setup? If it is speed related, we can improve that, but it will cost us about $500 a year to start to upgrade to our own server.
    Rousing – We’re doing the NCAA tournament brackets through ESPN. I just wanted to highlight the fact that UCSB is playing in the NIT, for which there is no online brackets, cause no one cares about the NIT. Still going to watch the game if I can, go Gauchos.

Mar 19, 2008 @ 11:55:02

Why nit when we’re already doing ESPN? I don’t understand?!?!

11. nova
    Mar 19, 2008 @ 05:17:40

bunch whats with this soma spam, why did we switch..i miss typepad

Mar 17, 2008 @ 17:44:00

According to the nit website, the whole tournament is supposed to be broadcast on ESPN, the site is a bit dated though: http://www.nit.org/
    If anyone want to do a bracket for fun here’s the NIT one: http://sportsline.com/collegebasketball/mayhem/brackets/viewable_nit

Mar 17, 2008 @ 17:41:00

Yeah, fuckin’ Anteaters. Can we do a bracket for the NIT, we’re going to rock Ole Miss! We beat Cal State Fullerton both times we played them this year. Wed @ 5pm PST, don’t know if anyone is broadcasting it though. Anyone else know?

Mar 17, 2008 @ 16:26:13

Nice work Comp. The mighty Gaucho’s tournament bid was stopped short by the damn UCI anteaters last Friday, maybe next year. The Big West takes no prisoners, I guess I’ll root for the Bruins instead.

Mar 17, 2008 @ 01:12:21

Nice job Comp! Great pic of Psycho T…NC is so strong. But, my gut reaction is that Duke will be coming on strong. Let’s go Duke!

16. Health
    Mar 16, 2008 @ 22:10:55

Liar, fuuuuuck is not the password

17. letters
    Mar 16, 2008 @ 21:17:08

nice work comp! this has been so sweet the last few years… except for last year when jimmy won… fish fucker.