Best Music of 2007

Ktt_10_big_pancakes

I’m terrible when people ask me what I’ve been listening to.  I struggle for five minutes only to rattle off the most obscure album I can think of so I sound cool and edgy.  But lists and typing I can do, and why bother making one when Baumondo’s old buddy from UCSB, and fantasy footballer, Jesse has done it for me, my list would be slightly different, but this way I don’t have to think.  Go check out Jesse’s list over at LAist.  Got any comments for this one "ginslinger"?

You can check out Jesse’s band The Deadly Syndrome on MySpace or buy their album on iTunes.

Dec 08, 2007 @ 16:54:52

I checked my ticket stub just to make sure.

2. defense
    Dec 08, 2007 @ 15:42:05

That was like so seven months ago.

Dec 08, 2007 @ 12:31:10

“It’s a nice response to The Arcade Fire-type grander-than-though bullshit that coming down from Canada like a cold front of lame.” -Defense
    (seven months prior…)
    Letters: “Hey, how was that arcade fire show last night?? I think i’m going tonight!”
    Defense: “Very strong.”
    He’s so alternative, he disagrees with HIMSELF!

4. defense
    Dec 07, 2007 @ 12:56:13

Love it or leave.

Dec 07, 2007 @ 12:46:13

Oh my god…he’s so, he’s so…alternative!!!

6. defense is a ginslinger
    Dec 07, 2007 @ 11:20:22

This Jesse isn’t a fantasy footballer. The fantasy footballer Jesse is Ben’s bisexual friend from Santa Cruz, who is second only to me in our league, and second only to Mark in gayness. That being cleared up, Jesse’s band, The Deadly Syndrome, is strong. I have been to many a show of theirs and have enjoyed them all. His list, however, does not rock very hard. More artsy melodic stuff that maybe Mark or Ben’s friend Jesse might like. If you like to rock, and boy I sure do, may I suggest a band from Spain called Tokyo Sex Destruction (geographically confusing, I know). They are on the same painfully hipster label as The Deadly Syndrome, Dim Mak Records. I have never seen them live, and I have also never been to Spain, or Tokyo (well, I’ve been in the Tokyo airport), but their jams are strong and I bet they rock in person. If you want to rock a little closer to home, across the lake from my apartment in fact, may I suggest a band from Echo Park called Burn!Baby!Burn! They rock really hard. They don’t have an album yet, but the live show is strong. It’s a nice response to The Arcade Fire-type grander-than-though bullshit that coming down from Canada like a cold front of lame. Simone’s brother is also the bass player.