The I.F.S. 3 Year Anniversary: The First Supper

It’s time.

First_supper_72

Ministers and Rabbi,

This Saturday, the International Flapjack Society will be 3 years old.  This Saturday, the International Flapjack Society will be 19 members strong.  This Saturday, the International Flapjack Society will feast upon its 1st official Supper.

Of course, at this stage, we all know how important this is.  Not only will we celebrate the birth of our great Society, but we will also celebrate the birth of two of our Ministers.  We will also induct our 19th Minister, who’s strength and dedication know no bounds, reflected above in his artful interpretation of the Da Vinci classic.  Further, we have business to attend to.  While a Vegas, a Hershey or a Chico trip may overwhelm our memories, it is the meetings where those big trips are planned, that really count.  Those meetings of ideas and debate and compromise are the heart of our Society – they are the reason our Society continues to thrive.  Be prepared to make your strongest showing.

To catch us all up, here is a quick overview of the upcoming weekend.

Friday Night – Seawolf Concert at Velvet Jones.  Letters suggests to be there by 10:00 pm, tickets to be purchased at the door.  Bars to follow.

Saturday Morning/Afternoon – As of now, open.  Suggestions needed.

Saturday Evening – The I.F.S. 3 Year Anniversary Supper.  To be held at our IHOP.  Be there by 7:00 pm.

Attendees: Ministers of Philanthropy, Media and Technology, Trade, Defense, Member of the Month, Competition, Rousing, Photography, Letters, Wardrobe, Athletics, Interior Design and our newest Minister, official title yet to be determined.  Our strongest Guest Member, Ryan Maughan, will also be in attendance.

Saturday Night – The Moving Units concert at Velvet Jones.  Again, Letters suggests that we arrive by 10:00 pm, and again, bars to follow.

Sunday – Open for suggestions.  To be followed by the long, sad drive home.

We are three years old.  This is real.

The_few

Sincerely,

The Minister of Rousing

Nov 30, 2007 @ 16:11:15

OSU’s Beavers would be sweating, but UO seem to have a limp Dixon. da-da-da-da-da dum.

Nov 30, 2007 @ 12:43:41

Media Tech and Rousing will be driving up tonight if anyone wants to go. I know that the rest of Franklin House will be going up tomorrow with Philanthropy. Trade, when are you heading up?

Nov 30, 2007 @ 12:28:16

Oregon’s got no Dixon, so the Beavers will play with themselves. Wow, so many more Dixon-Beaver jokes could be made. A tasty Bud to the monk with the best Dixon-Beaver joke. Dixon-Beaver. Dixon-Beaver. Dixon-Beaver. It’s almost as funny as those Oregon jerseys.

Nov 30, 2007 @ 12:14:20

Sorry about your Dixon.

Nov 30, 2007 @ 11:43:38

I’m up for a BBQ at our house, we do have the space and location, and no drinky no drivey from IV is a plus too. Dane’s favorite team Tennessee plays LSU at 1, USC plays UCLA at 1:30, the same time in which Oregon will be waxing their in-state rival Beavers, oh wait, they lost their whole team in Dixon 2 weeks ago, Duck hunting season started early this year, sorry Oregon and Flemming.

Nov 29, 2007 @ 20:09:38

Younger/Taller!

7. younger/taller
    Nov 29, 2007 @ 18:31:08

On Saturday afternoon, we could barbeque at my house in IV. There’s a big front yard for barbecuing, beer drinking, beer pong, etc. The house is really small though, so watching the UCLA/USC game would be a problem. Let me know soon so I can get stuff together if people are down.

Nov 29, 2007 @ 15:07:57

sorry, velvet.

Nov 29, 2007 @ 15:00:34

I guess it is a triple life, but who ever heard of a triple life, that doesn’t sounds right. Plus my boozer/academic life are really the same one.
    Also I bought tickets to moving units for myself, matt, ben, amanda and julia.

10. defense is a gunslinger
    Nov 29, 2007 @ 14:59:26

*thought*
    Sorry. I’m real.

11. defense is a gunslinger
    Nov 29, 2007 @ 14:57:27

I though it was at Velvet Jones. Am I wrong? I’m real.

Nov 29, 2007 @ 14:35:36

Does everyone have a ticket to Moving Units that’s going to be here? Speak now, or forever hold your peace, outside Soho.

13. defense is a gunslinger
    Nov 29, 2007 @ 09:12:53

Isn’t that a triple life?

14. mandrew
    Nov 28, 2007 @ 23:46:24

A Strong post mate. This kind of talk gets me excited. I regret to inform, I will be present only for the Saturday night meeting, concert and subsequent trip to the bars. I must arrive just before the meeting and leave very early sunday morning in order to maintain my double life as a boozer/academic/superhero. There’s a few ministers in the same boat, so we’ll be bringing it twice as hard to the Saturday night festivities. You’ve been warned.

Nov 28, 2007 @ 22:20:54

A note to all Ministers in attendance this weekend:
    If you have reserved a spot in the Big Bear New Year’s extravaganza, then please bring a check for $100 dollars to the First Supper – this covers your three nights lodging at the 3 story mansion with Pac-man arcade and pool table. If you would like to know more about the Big Bear New Year’s extravaganza, then call me.
    Also, to all Ministers who attended the last Carthers weekend:
    Bring extra cash for the Casanova’s “thanks for letting 18 of us stay in your house and eat your food and drink your Robutussin” gift fund. $10 – 15 should cover it.
    – Rousing