Selling Leather Pants in the Ozarks

Wow, only a couple more weeks to IFS : Chico the River Wild, and the site is a bit of a ghost town, with the exception of a Booman bashing Phantom, and an Olbermann fan or two.  I like details, so here are my questions for the planning ministers, MOM, MOCS.

1. Has the decision between Van and Winnebago been decided?  How many people can the van / winnie fit?  Are SB people being picked up on the way or meeting in LA as well?  How many people are not coming in the van / winnie?  If we are doing the cheaper option – van at $45, that includes gas?  How will driving legs be decided?  Technological skills?
  2. We are staying at Ministers homes, correct?  All this talk of hotels has left me confused.  Do we need to bring sleeping bags or pillows?  Are they smoking rooms?
  3. The brewery tour is $10?  How much is the tubing?  Besides the transport, these are our only mandated costs correct?
  4. Where are we having our Sat. morning meeting?
  5. Is there free play time, or are we on a tight schedule of boozing and toobing?  Anything else planned?  Dinners? Bowling?

I need to know these things now, so that when I’m drunk in Chico I still know the score.  I appreciate all the hard work that is going into this trip, as I know it will be amazing.

1. health
    May 15, 2007 @ 13:50:57

I didn’t rent an RV my last trip to CA, but I did rent a car and most car rental places will rent to chaps under 25 for an added daily rental fee, similar to what you’re findin with that RV joint.

May 15, 2007 @ 10:43:51

really? All the other companies I contacted said you needed to be 25. I’ll look into it, thanks for the tip.

3. schroeder
    May 14, 2007 @ 22:37:18

ive rented a winnie before for frat trips. cruising america is the company. you dont have to be 25.

4. mandrew
    May 14, 2007 @ 20:42:45

jeez, i didn’t even see that video, David Cross shows a side of his versatility, from ‘ole limber legs to that. wow dad.

5. mandrew
    May 14, 2007 @ 20:37:56

OK, I will make a post later this week detailing exact locations, times, costs etc. I will need to know exactly how many people to plan for. here are a few quick answers:
    1. Probably van(s). I think diego is the only minister old enough to rent a winnie, and I don’t want to put that on him. As for sb pickups, I think the organized transport will leave from LA. MOCS and I are renting vans this week, I’ll give you an exact figure then.
    2. Staying in ministers homes 1 night and the finest hotel in Chico the other night. a sleeping bag wouldn’t hurt for mi casa.
    3. tubing won’t be much, a few bucks per tube/raft, there will also be the bowling tourney, so normal bowling prices for that.
    4. Saturday morning meeting will be at my house next to the river. Speaking of which if we are doing the cook off, we will need to organize that. Rules, etc. My parents have 2 kitchens at the house.
    5. There will be an itinerary so we maximize fun, but there’ll also be a bit of free time. Saturday will be spent in and around downtown Chico, so exploration is encouraged.
    Like I said, there’s a more detailed post on it’s way once I figure out the tranport situation, but i hope that quenches your thirst for now.

May 14, 2007 @ 19:59:43

ass.

7. health
    May 14, 2007 @ 19:21:06

I’d like to know details too and I can’t even make it. The Phils took 2 outta 3 from the Cubs… sorry Bernie