With Flowers in Our Hair

Fidel_5Over the past few weeks I’ve been thinking about what I could use as a subject for my next post.  Unfortunately, my life is not as interesting as the one that Baumann pretends to have and I have been caught up in the monotony of work and washing clothes that everyone feels from time to time.  However, this past weekend I was able to get out of LaLa land with a good friend and two fellow ministers; and I finally got the  material I needed for a good post.

Img_0278 It was after a long night of drinking beers and Jack Daniels that our minister of defense came up with one of the best ideas he’s had in a long time: Bust a spontaneous road trip to San Francisco for one night of good fun with the San Franciscan contingent of our glorious society.  And so, with a headache that could have dropped a rhinocerous, I piled into the car along with Ben Persons, MOM, and defense, and off we went to the land of gayness and fog.
Img_0298
We hit town just after sunset, and were greeted at Fidel’s apartment by the man himself, and the long lost Chris Finance himself.  Once considered dead, Finance is a busy man.  He is keeping it extraordinarily real (too real?) and spending time with Larry Flint.  I’ll digress from adding too much detail about the man’s life here because he will be attending IFS Chico and you all will have a chance to catch up with him there.

There was also ice cold Adolphi for all to Img_0302enjoy as well as shots of Bacardi gold for all (considerably
less enjoyable) and lots of laughter.  Then it was bar time.  Wanting to maximize the fun in SF we hit 3 different bars of different styles and had time to grab a little street meat in between (I’m only talking about hot dogs, don’t get too excited Schroedster).  The end of the night led us to a strip club where we paid girls to dance on us.  The beaver buck is a very strong foreign currency for 2007 worth approximately 1.38 USD, my bank account stement will tell you all about it.

Img_0334
The following morning we all awoke bright-eyed and bushy tailed (everyone except Persons that is, it’s like pulling teeth just to get that guy to move before 11:00am on a weekend).  We decided to go out to breakfast and get some Dim-Sum, or as we like to call it Real deem sum.  The best part about breakfast was the fact that Fricker bought it.  The second best part was the video I shot with everyone’s help which is posted down at the bottom.

Img_0349_2
After breakfast we decided we should go and do a fun activity.  So on the way to the St. Francis hotel in Union Square where we rode up the elevator in which Baumann was conceived, we stopped at the San Francisco cable car museum to lear oursleves about the SF trollies and take some great photos.  All in all, it was a very strong trip with great memories, and I know forget it any time soon.  Maybe after drinking myself into the rabbit hole at IFS Chico during the Sierra Nevada drinking contest, but certainly not before then.  Thanks for a great trip boys.

Img_0342

1. defense
    Apr 24, 2007 @ 10:38:53

Hey now. Keep it clean.

Apr 23, 2007 @ 15:51:58

Is that the couch Finance sleeps on with Svetlana?

Apr 23, 2007 @ 14:23:52

The framed pic is a small picture of Fidel and Julie kissing underwater in a pool in a large metal frame. how cute.

4. Auditory
    Apr 19, 2007 @ 22:46:08

Nice… way to use the technology.

Apr 19, 2007 @ 21:45:02

The second revolution of the video looks like the opening sequence of a bad sitcom. For full effect, watch video with The Rembrandts “I’ll be there for you” playing in the background.
    love letters

6. comp
    Apr 19, 2007 @ 21:17:16

Well there’s the full post, I was too fucking tired last night to complete it. That tunnel is tuckering me out man. Towers, I plan on going to Big Sur, but I’ll have to leave the kids at home, I know you’re dissapointed…I’m sorry.

Apr 19, 2007 @ 19:00:52

that picture of you guys in SF @ Fidel’s is awesome…can someone tell me what is framed in the background?

Apr 19, 2007 @ 18:23:22

It looks like that flower in Fidel’s ear was Photoshoped in, but I really hope that it wasn’t.

9. comp
    Apr 19, 2007 @ 16:16:13

Fidel, I know the video has to get on here, I think I have to post it on Youtube or something first? Some input from a more computer literate individual would be useful. I would recruit Frick’s help but he’s going camping tomorrow. Hmm…
    Schroeder, I do apologize about the gay joke, but it was just so fun and obvious. I tried to resist the temptation of putting it in there, but it did about as much good as refusing the that last drink at a bar that your buddy buys after a long night out. Anyways I know you’re man enough to take it…which is more than i can say about Esteban—WHAM!

Apr 19, 2007 @ 15:31:55

Two posts, two Wardrobe digs, that’s rough. I hope YOU don’t stop posting / commenting schroediki.

Apr 19, 2007 @ 09:54:22

Wow, Dad. That street meat was good.

12. Auditory
    Apr 18, 2007 @ 22:10:21

Flemming you have find a way to post our dim sum video masterpiece…