Get Your Team IFS Shirts

Team_ifs_logo_2So it’s less than two weeks until my marathon and I just wanted to post and remind everyone to save the date and that we already have a free place to stay in Carmel for Friday and Saturday night. This is not some cheesy Prefontaine-esque post, but I was thinking a lot about the race last night on my drive home from a memorial service in the Bay. Having you all come to the race and support me would mean a lot. To me, this race is a bigger deal than it may seem to you all cause I have spent hundreds of hours over the last 4 months training to break 4 hours, putting my body through hell in the process. This is one of the hardest marathons in the country due to the wind and the hills, and knowing that you all will be waiting for me at the finish line will help me make it through it. I will be representing our organization, wearing the IFS Old English on my jersey and I hope that you all will be there wearing it too. Busy or not, I hope that you all can rally for the event. Check out the website for info and pictures of the race.

I am getting shirts made with the above logo in large letters on the front to match my jersey. The shirts will be American Apparel white or grey with black ink. I am going to put the order in tomorrow, so if you have any design suggestions, let me know tonight. Otherwise, I kept it simple to keep the cost down. I was quoted $17 per finished shirt, for a batch of 12 shirts, so the more we order, the cheaper each shirt will be. I will try to get in touch with everyone before I put in the order, but please comment or give me a call with the size and number of shirts you want, to make it easier for me. I’m also trying to get an idea of who’s coming, so let me know your plans as well. As of now, I think that some of us in SB are leaving on Friday night and some after work on Saturday. Obviously it would be best to coordinate for carpooling.

-Athletics

Apr 17, 2007 @ 17:19:10

Our Science is more logical. The 10oz can requires more raw metal than the 12oz can making it more expensive, how logical is that?

Apr 17, 2007 @ 17:11:33

Is the last sip still warm with a 10 oz. can, or does its smaller size make it heat up faster?
    Science be praised.

3. health
    Apr 17, 2007 @ 13:56:02

They do here in Pennsyltucky.. cause afterall, its those last 2 oz. that push you over the edge

4. defense
    Apr 17, 2007 @ 11:20:22

This is great. Put me down for one grey medium tee shirt, so my failed marathon career is emphasized by my belly. Speaking of which, they make 10oz cans?

Apr 17, 2007 @ 09:29:49

I think that’s an amazing idea Jordan. Much better than running the 5K race. Quick math… 26.2 10oz cans =262oz of beer in under 4 hours=65.5oz of beer per hour. That’s about 5 and a half beers (12oz an hour for 4 hours. I think we’ve done that before. Where’s finance when you need him? Oh yeah, now I remember he’s at the Hustler strip club. More on that later…

Apr 17, 2007 @ 00:48:37

I’ll be there Towers, boombox raised high, blaring the Jurassic Park theme song…followed of course by a rousing rendition of the anthem in celebration of your accomplishment on PLANET EARTH…which is also the title of the breath-taking and intriguing documentary airing on the Discovery channel Sunday nights @ 9…sorry Franklin house, we have it DVR’d…and dude, I can’t even get a gf right now, you know that hot shot…is it true if you don’t use it, you lose it?

7. health
    Apr 16, 2007 @ 21:49:18

Unfortunately, I can’t be there for immediate support. Buuut, heres how I will make up for it. Order me 2 shirts,
    1 L white
    1 L grey
    and you start your race. When you start, have someone at the race call me and tell me to start. I will be wearing my team I.F.S. tee and will be right there racing with you. I will have 27 Aldolphi lights sitting at my table. I will attempt to drink 26.2 of them before you finish your marathon. I am planning to live, so I may go with the 10Oz. cans. I’m gonna do a little math and make sure I’m not going to die, but call me after your race and we’ll celebrate.. you finishing a marathon, and me getting ready to puke. Good flapjack

Apr 16, 2007 @ 19:49:44

i’ll race in the K.

Apr 16, 2007 @ 16:41:07

Don’t forget to list the sizes (only S, M, L, XL) for each color of shirt (white and grey). Remember, these shirts can be for people outside of IFS as well, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, gf’s, bf’s (Schroeder only), children (Flemming only), etc.
    And there are other lenghts of races, but most are sold out and start at different locations depending on the distance. Check the marathon website.

Apr 16, 2007 @ 16:16:42

I’ll take two shirts as well, same. one white, one grey. Is it true there’s a 5K/10K run as well? That might be a good way to share some of the pain, plus a 5K requires almost no training for any out of shape ministers.

Apr 16, 2007 @ 14:46:20

wow dad. dat man is beeg.

12. ROUSING
    Apr 16, 2007 @ 12:49:15

I’ll be there Athletics. Put me down for a couple of shirts – one white and one grey. Stay strong and athletic – I’ll see you at the Finish Line.