All Aboard the Bandwagon

Cubbies
March 1st begins MLB Spring Training, which means the regular season is just around the corner.  As many of you know, when I am not living, breathing, drinking IFS, I am bleeding Cubbie Blue. From an insider’s standpoint, there hasn’t been this much anticipation for a season since ’03 when Dusty Baker was hired as manager.  That year, the Cubs came to within five outs from their first World Series since 1945.
Cubssox

This year, with the acquisitions of superstar Alfonzo Soriano and manager Lou Pinella, the anticipation has reached it’s zenith.  In the past, the Tribune Company, the owners of the Cubs, never shelled out the money to sign the big names on the free-agent market.  This off-season, however, the Tribune Company  has been making Steinbrenner look like a fucking hobo with over $300 million in new contracts.  The Cubs haven’t won a World Series since 1908.  Wishful thinking hasn’t worked for the past 98 years.  This year we party like it’s 99!

Nova is buying a cubs hat tomorrow.  Anyone else feel like coming aboard??

love letters

ps.  Harry Carry loved Budweiser sooooo much.  He was often under it’s influence while broadcasting.  We owe it to him.Harry3 Cheers!

Feb 28, 2007 @ 21:38:11

oooh. utley vs soriano. let me get my finances in order, and i’ll get back to ya.

2. trade
    Feb 28, 2007 @ 19:52:53

When: May 11-13
    Where: Citizen’s Bank Park
    What? The Phillies destroy Baggs’s precious Cubbies
    Can you make it out?
    I know I gave up my position and love for sport’s gambling.. BUT.. I’ll reimburse you for your flight if the Cubs win 2 out of 3. What do I get if I win?

Feb 28, 2007 @ 15:30:58

PTI just said that Cuban has denied making that offer. whammy.

Feb 28, 2007 @ 15:10:35

Yeah I wrote that backwards, but the large spending could mean they are looking to sell. The Tribune does not have a bright future ahead, and I actually like Cuban so I think it could be really good for the Cubbies.
    They’re still 2nd in my MLB heart, Go Halos, first in the NL though.

Feb 28, 2007 @ 14:35:35

oh shit! you’re right bunch. that article was brand new, and they were just talking about it on ATH. although Tribune isn’t necessarily looking to sell, but Cuban is desperate to buy.

Feb 28, 2007 @ 13:27:06

there’s been a lot of rumors about why Tribune has been spending so much money. the biggest one is that they’re planning to sell. Cuban has shown interest, and i would be stoked as hell if he acquired the team. however in just about every article ive read, it ends with Tribune saying they’re not planning on selling the team. Cuban would be a hellovan owner, though.

Feb 28, 2007 @ 12:00:27

Aren’t they trying to sell…to Mark Cuban!?!

8. mandrew
    Feb 28, 2007 @ 11:00:52

Nothing like a good bandwagon jumping, I’m a sucker for the hometeam, but hell Chicago’s always been like a home to me. Go Cubbies!

9. trade
    Feb 28, 2007 @ 07:57:06

BILLL CARRRTRIGHT.. The Phils bolstered their starting rotation with the acquisitions of Freddie Garcia and Adam Eaton giving them a solid rotation also consisting of “wife beater” Brett Myers and “Pretty Boy” Cole Hamels. Now if we could just get rid of Lieber cause he sucks donkey dick and pick up a bull pen pitcher or two, we’d be set. Also, with the aquisition of Wes Helms who had a solid year for the Marlins at 3rd Base, our infield is second to none with Rollins, Utley, and Howard roundin out the horn. Look for the Phils to make a strong run at the NL East this season, they are no joke

10. Spirits
    Feb 27, 2007 @ 23:17:55

Let’s go Dodgers!!!!!!

Feb 27, 2007 @ 21:32:32

I was a Bulls fan once. Lets does this.