National Champs!

Sbdpjpg
To all those who’ve stopped following UCSB sports, The prestigious University of California, Santa Barbara won the National Championship in Mens Soccer this past weekend by defeating the UCLA Bruins. Remeber this is the title that narrowly escaped our grasp in Carson California only a few short years ago.  UCSB’s dominance in sport is now extended from women’s volleyball, surfing, and beer pong to include men’s soccer and goal post destroying.  Nice work keeping it real Gauchos.

Video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdiS4mbhJE8
Pics: http://community.livejournal.com/ucsb/1202629.html
News Article: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=394571&cc=5901
Throwing over the cliff:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdiS4mbhJE8

Dec 08, 2006 @ 15:23:38

Fucking Rabbi.

Dec 08, 2006 @ 15:07:49

Yeah, I didn’t want to bring that up either but to my defense, the invite came in the form of a drunken hebrew barging into my room at around midnight on the eve of the meeting, the same weekend that long distance relationship got the axe. Whammy! Josh obviously wasn’t too clear about the implications of the breakfast or I would have been there. I wouldn’t have missed a second meeting either.

Dec 08, 2006 @ 14:10:28

Unfortunately, Fricker speaks the truth…I just didn’t want to say it at first, because I thought the hurt would just be too much to bear…you have no idea how bad it gets.

4. mandrew
    Dec 08, 2006 @ 13:56:58

I thought one of the intives was rejected due to a lady being in town, a lady. I just miss you so damn much, thats all.
    I think when this is all over we should get an apartment toghether!

Dec 08, 2006 @ 13:03:56

I must have been drunk for the second offering cause I don’t remember that one. Excuse me, I’m going to hide under my desk and cry now.

Dec 08, 2006 @ 11:48:15

Now, now, let’s not exaggerate Athletics. We actually extended the invitation your way TWICE to have it rejected (I believe both times you were sick). But, the third time was a charm, and now we have a Minister of Athletics, Gift Cardery and Coordination. Wow dad, destiny jam.

Dec 08, 2006 @ 09:52:26

That was a year and half ago. At that point I wasn’t even in this nifty little society due to a 6 month probation for not being able to attend the meeting of my inductation (although I did read the constitution and it clearly states that such a probationary period should only last for a couple of months, am I right defense?). Nonetheless, I am not bitter about it…I just really hated you all for a good while. Really…HATED.
    Anyways, yes I won two back to back national championships and I’m kind of a big deal. That’s why they call me ATHLETICS, not cause of the wrestling, that’s not a real sport, just a couple of meat heads in spandex hugging each other roughly.

Dec 07, 2006 @ 13:49:27

Whoa! Overlooked Jam.

Dec 07, 2006 @ 13:16:59

And I quote: “UCSB’s dominance in sport is now extended from women’s volleyball, surfing, and beer pong to include men’s soccer”. What about the back to back national championships (1st back to back in history) that the UCSB lacrosse team won. I think one of our esteemed members was captain of that team who took the last trophy home for us. Yeah, ME! Women’s volleyball, please, you might as well have put ultimate frisbee, at least they’ve actually won a national championship, let alone like 10, unlike women’s volleyball. What a slap in the face mandrew.

Dec 04, 2006 @ 19:22:12

Nice, throw some football helmets on ’em and let them take on the UCLA football team. I bet they could’ve beat those jokers at the Rose Bowl this past weekend. Go Gauchos!!!