I’m looking forward to Europe…

Churchillwinston_1

…and seeing my brother, the Minister of Revelry and Spirits, London’s underground bunkers – where Churchill strategized as the Luftwaffe bombed above, and the Fuherbunker – where Hitler poisoned/shot himself as Soviet troops marched above.  But while I’m there, I’ll be missing the States.  Here’s an article I read earlier today that any man who wields a Pakistani made jack knife with an eagle/the stars and bars handle, would enjoy:

Sincerely,

The Minister of Rousing

1. Just Rousing
    Nov 13, 2006 @ 16:43:02

A big, sharp fucking knife.

2. defense
    Nov 10, 2006 @ 18:11:04

“Having overwhelming military force on your side, and letting your enemies know that you have the guts to use it, is being genuinely antiwar.” -Thomas Sowell-
    Kind of like having the MOD on your side. Walk softly and carry a big fucking knife.

Nov 10, 2006 @ 10:03:52

Im so jealous…Im saving now, who wants to go with me in 3-9 months? What time is best to go Converse?

Nov 10, 2006 @ 08:15:55

It is John…when we’re old and gray, and full of sleep, and nodding by the fire.
    Got your messages. I’ll call you at lunch today to iron things out.

5. minister of R&S
    Nov 10, 2006 @ 02:47:20

This is going to be a sweet trip my friend. One that we will talk about when we are old and gray.

Nov 09, 2006 @ 19:23:56

M&T, I don’t think that the author is referring to big trucks with stickers, rather, he is speaking to the true meaning of the word – national loyalty. And national loyalty, along with pride in, love for and support of one’s country, is something that our culture systematically undermines. In fact, we were all recently subjected to four years of this peverse mentality. In lecture, and in the classroom, it was never what we had done right, and often times not even what we had simply done, but instead, what we had done WRONG. Learning of our country’s history does not have to be a shameful experience. And this institutionalized self-loathing breeds a society that glorifies “defying rules and flouting authority” – not reformation for the sake of improvement, but balkanization for the sake of ‘being cool.’

Nov 09, 2006 @ 18:42:24

Oh, speaking of trips, should preperations for IFS – A New Beginning (tentative title) begin? You better not fuck this up Minister of Coordinated Athletics. Just kidding anyone could do a better job than our last Coordinator, all he did was drink and pass out in the sun, but when he woke up he planned some great events, San Diago, Vegas, L.A., Phili… them some big shoes to fill.

Nov 09, 2006 @ 18:28:52

“defying rules and flouting authority are actually glorified” – I agree this has a significant link to what the prayer belt call a decline in morals and has led to the schism in our American society, but one does not have to look far to find faults in our government. Sure every government has them, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be acknowledged so that our country can look completely united.
    “Not only is patriotism disdained, the very basis for pride in one’s country and culture is systematically undermined” – I disagree, patriotism is a broad term, if patriotism is racist attitudes toward the middle east and a giant American flag on the back of your oversized car, then I think it should be disdained. The American flag is great, but when it’s on the back of an oversized truck thats veering into my lane b/c the driver is on his/her cell phone; then I start to hate people who have American flag stickers on their vehicle. It’s vehicle style profiling, you can call me a vehiculist. I just think that patriotism and consumerism are too often mixed up.