By the Stones Jam of Rolling Spray

Bond Happy Turkey Day gentlemen.  I hope everyone’s families are happy and healthy, as this is the day for giving thanks for such things.  I myself am thankful for the strength and resilience our brotherhood that has been built upon a foundation of pancakes, Budweiser and the common interest we all share in both Arnold Schwarzenegger and the glorious nation of Azerbaijan.  I am thankful for the Strauss family, who, in spite of their Jewishness, have invited the unrefined small town folk that make up the Baumann clan to join them for a Thanksgiving feast.  And I am thankful for Daniel Craig and Mick Jagger, who were the inspiration behind what I did last night.  You see, I got a last minute invitation from an associate of mine to go to the Rolling Stones show at Dodger Stadium.  Upon finding our seats, I realized that we were at the very top of the bleachers, about one thousand miles away from the stage.  After some internal debate over what to do about this, I put on my tuxedo, tied my bow-tie and screwed the silencer onto my pistol.  And some serious 007 shit went down.  My associate, that guy Tom who lives in Santa Barbara and has the cute girlfriend, and I spent the first five songs of the set sneaking by various means through about a dozen or so different security checks.  There was running, jumping, diving, crawling, and, when all Mick_jaggerelse failed, charming our way past big fat black female security guards.  The shining moment came when we simply walked through the security check to the box seats and the guards came running after us.  We caught up to a dignified looking group of corporate yuppie types, and I asked their leader to tell the security guards that we were with him.  He did, then he looked me in the eye and said, "Don’t make me regret this."  I held eye contact with him and responded, "You won’t.  I promise."  And we sprinted on.  A few jumps and crawls and one mile long supply corridor later and we were there, in the very very very front row at Dodger Stadium, about ten feet away from Mick in all his 62 year old glory.  It was great.

What are you thankful for?

-Minister of Defense-

1. defense
    Nov 27, 2006 @ 12:15:40

Well, I didn’t actually have a silencer on my pistol, but everything else is true. And yeah, Dodger Stadium is sweet, I’d never been there. It’s no SBC though…

Nov 27, 2006 @ 11:07:35

I am thankful for the local dive bar that has become a Thanksgiving Eve tradition and seeing my friend’s much, much improved younger sister kissing another hot younger girl (one of those girls that you wanted to go for in high school but thought better of cause she was a freshmen and kinda like a little sister, but now would totally hit on just cause you saw that she was old enough to be at the bar).
    Is this story kinda like the story about Simone and I renting a boat to go fishing in the channel, then catching big tilapia that somehow seemed to have migrated pretty far from their native warm waters off the coast of Africa and Asia to the chilly Santa Barbara Channel? I wish I could have been there…I love Dodger Stadium.

Nov 26, 2006 @ 08:51:38

Wow dad, so much thanks. I’m thankful for John Converse and the U.S. Armed Forces…who made Berlin the beautiful city it is today, instead of a Nazi stronghold. Fidel, please post your number.

Nov 24, 2006 @ 16:37:17

cat’s out of the bag now. sprammy.

5. defense
    Nov 24, 2006 @ 14:14:29

Wow. Thanks Diego.

6. diego jamminizer
    Nov 24, 2006 @ 13:49:40

great thanks giving story boomerang. you really got your schnitzel together, in professional and love life, and on top of that you stil manage to pull glorious bond-like missions.. cheers to that broseph, i’m proud of you!

7. defense
    Nov 24, 2006 @ 10:29:39

What about the part where we made that story up?

Nov 24, 2006 @ 10:24:08

you forgot to mention the part where mischa barton was there and you guys did the monkey dance together.

Nov 23, 2006 @ 11:05:53

I am thankful for the high school reunion that I stumbled into last night in Newport. Or I should say, it made me thankful for the friends I have.