Monks in SB Wine Country

So here is the deal for wine tasting.  I’ve talked to the two companies that I knew of; the first (Wine Adventures) has a couple options.  At the expensive end ($123 per person) we would get a mini-bus, which includes; a tour guide, a nice lunch, a souvenier glass, and free tasting at four wineries with the whole trip lasting ~5 hours. Personally, I think it is fucking retarted to pay that much for four wineries, but if we want to go the high end route then we can. So I then found out how much it would be without all the bullshit (lunch, free tastings and souvenier glass). Basically, we can rent the mini-bus and a driver for a minimum of 5 hours for $472 (which works out to around $30-40 per person depending on the number of people we have). We would of course have to pay for the tastings which can be anywhere from $5-$10 each place(most places are $7 though), but if we went to 5 wineries at ~$7, which trust me is a lot of wine drinking for a day it would only be ~$35 on top of the $30-40= $65-75 for the whole trip(totally reasonable). Now I know there is talk of doing dinner at the Hitching Post, which would be sweet but it might be hard to squeeze into a five hour trip.  Our option from there is to pay an extra fee of $92 per hour after the five (give me input?).
    The second company (Personal Transportation LTD.) seemed much more our style if were all looking for more bang for our buck.  With them we would get transporation (I think a mini-bus), with a knowledgeable driver for $450, working out to ~$31 per person with a limit of 14 people. The best part is the trip is 6 hours long and if we went over they charge per half an hour instead of hour ($35 per extra half an hour) much cheaper than the first company.  This also possibly allows us to do the Hitching Post. They would also do all the reservations for us, because groups higher than seven need reservations at most wineries. Personally, these folks have my vote, they might not be as high end as the first but they more affordable and most importantly allow for more drinking time as well as giving us more control over our day.
    So now I need input such as the date we intend to let loose ~15 monks on the wine country. I also need to know which company you all want to go with and the exact number of people who are going. The quicker I get these answers the better chance we have of getting the weekend we want. Hope all you cocksuckers enjoyed my first post.

1. photo
    Oct 11, 2006 @ 22:15:47

Oh and by cocksuckers I meant you Baumann.

Oct 11, 2006 @ 15:48:04

Oh baumann. it seems silly of you to be wasting your energy worrying about me. you just worry about raising enough money for this trip. do you still have that sign i made you??

3. defense
    Oct 11, 2006 @ 12:03:14

Because Bernie really enjoys the wine, maybe a little too much. Sometimes he drinks what some might call a bit more than is healthy, and sometimes, when his lips have that purple hue, he says and does things that can be quite hurtful. I just don’t want to see him go over to the dark side while we are on our trip. I don’t think anyone wants to see that. Especially while the sun is still up and we haven’t even arrived at the Hitching Post yet.

Oct 11, 2006 @ 11:17:17

Defense, why would you be worried about Bernie’s safety on the wine tasting trip? Please explain.

Oct 11, 2006 @ 10:23:48

You’re right Bunch. MySpace is for fucking queeahs. All you MySpace fire fighters are fucking pussy queeahs.

6. defense
    Oct 11, 2006 @ 10:05:29

I’m concerned about Bernie’s safety on the wine tasting trip.

Oct 11, 2006 @ 09:00:51

Excuse me, “you’re point man” is what I meant.

Oct 11, 2006 @ 08:58:44

Yeah, meeting is taking place on the weekend of Nov. 3, the first weekend of November. Dane, as our Minister of Photography, your point man on this Wine tasting excursion. Options are great, but sometimes it gets a little crazy when we try to be truly democratic about things. Just remember, we need to go with a Transportation service that’s flexible with hours and passengers. Beyond that, us monks are cost effective – cheap – so we’ll want the best deal. My phone’s dead, so I’ll call you tonight to go over some of the logistics. Thanks for posting.

9. defense
    Oct 11, 2006 @ 08:21:04

Did Dane make that post? Cocksuckers? Is that necessary? Wow.
    Well, I think that the Hitching Post is a must. I do not think that six hours is enough time for a day of wine tasting and a leisurely dinner. This day should not be rushed. We are gentlemen, not swine. The way I see it, dinner will probably be a two hour affair. And I think we are all willing to be in the van on the way to wine country by 9 or 10 in the AM. Perhaps there is some sort of day rate for a van, rather than just six hours. I know a guy who does these tours, so I will call him and post on what he says. As for what day, I’m assuming that this will all happen on the first Saturday of November. Rousing, is that correct?

Oct 11, 2006 @ 08:20:29

Meeting is taking place Nov. 3 – 5, the first weekend of November.