I.F.S. space update

Before our website takes receives enormous number of hits after I attempt to befriend all of America, I would like to gain permission to add the Arnold Megamix to our page.  It will be a nice addition and a good attention grabber aside from our anthem.  I will upload the Arnold Megamix onto the page only if there are no qualms about it and I will also make sure that it is loaded so that NOBODY else can add it to their page.  This way, people will have to go to I.F.S. space to hear it and cannot just load it onto their page.  Fidel, whatcha thinkin??

-Trade

Oct 12, 2006 @ 10:14:03

I agree with Jordan. I think that we are all still loyal to the wedoiteverymonth.com and this is our site. The myspace site is a great way for all others to get a glimpse of who we are, but just a glimpse. I think that we should not be going around flaunting everything that we do on such a public page as myspace, but it would be great for the anthem, the megamix, and general society info. I think we are at capacity. New members just won’t get the true idea/feeling now that we meet less often.

2. trade
    Oct 11, 2006 @ 20:44:29

We are at capacity, but now its time for the everyone to know about us and wish that they were part of such a sweet organization such as us. I understand where you are coming from as well Bunch, but I’m looking at this more or less as a fan club more than anything else. We don’t need more members or need more people participating in our events, but the American public needs to know how sweet our organization is and wish they could only be so lucky as to know one of its members.

Oct 11, 2006 @ 15:54:45

when the arnold mix blows up on youtube, it would be nice for people to reference where it came from. since you cant do that on youtube, maybe an ifs myspace would be appropriate for that reason. i think we should keep the space, if not for the arnold mix, then so i can listen to the anthem whenever i please.

Oct 11, 2006 @ 15:42:17

Not liking MySpace aside, I agree with Jordan, it is a great way for a band to get out there and get people to listen to their music. But we are not a band of musicians, we are a band of brothers, and we have no grandstand for people to come watch us eat our glorious monthly breakfast.
    Like the beginning of this website, there was a debate on whether or not to make this site password protected. Looking to keep things uncomplicated, some monks don’t remember their own passwords, we kept the password off the site, and it has worked fine, but the Minister of Defense can attest to the fact that it is hard to defend when everything is public.
    I think MySpace would be a great way to start new chapters, but this really comes down to our own organization’s plan to expand. Do we? The founding chapter is pretty much at capacity – 20? We have a few new members we could have at Nov.’s meeting, but we need more shirts / we need to work to ensure that new members will think we are more than a ragtag group of kids. Any thoughts? Am I over thinking this?

Oct 11, 2006 @ 15:25:04

Now I’m confused. I don’t know if I want our Myspace page or not! And with the Arnold mix, Jordan, Fidel and I will have the video done next week, so don’t load it on there yet…might as well do it right the first time – with the video.

6. trade
    Oct 11, 2006 @ 14:38:10

All I’m saying is like myspace or not, people are on it and loyal to it. There will be a day that we are out in our I.F.S. t-shirts with our crest laid on our breast and some random civilian is going to come up to talk to us about our organization because they saw it on the internet. Our product remains the same just as your favorite band’s product remains the same.. and they are on myspace. I’ll agree with you that myspace is a bunch of bologna, but I also think in this day and age it is one of the best ways to spread the word or our organization to the most people in the shortest amount of time. So you all let me know if this page should be taken down or not, it really doesn’t matter that much to me.

Oct 11, 2006 @ 14:11:54

I don’t think you intentionally did anything to hurt our organization Trade I just don’t want anything with the IFS stamp to be a piece of shit (ie all of Myspace).
    Take the Urkel-O’s for example:
    Urkel put his brand on them because they were fruity and delicious and didn’t cut up the roof of your mouth like that bastard cereal Cap’n Crunch.
    Urkel also put his brand on Paris Hilton (MySpace):
    And now he has the hep, and everyone knows that shit cause she’s wrought with it, and that shit is everywhere.
    And if we don’t have our image/word that we put out the best product we can, then we have nothing.

8. trade
    Oct 11, 2006 @ 13:56:52

It’s intended to bring more attention to our site and our organization. I don’t feel like any active members will be using the MySpace page over this site at all. I’ll get rid of it if most are opposed, I just thought it would be good to see what everyone who isn’t a member has to say about us and give them a forum to comment. It’s almost like this is the official site of our organization and the purpose of I.F.S. space is our fan site..

Oct 11, 2006 @ 09:32:58

Im still opposed to IFS myspace, I think it cheapens this site.