FISHING ADVENTURE

So here it goes my first post.  I have been looking into our fishing adventure for the next meeting and have some details.  I am currently awaiting an email from Stardust Sportfishing (Santa Barbara) concerning making reservations for all of us.  The trip is going to have to take place either saturday or sunday morning, the boat leaves early!  So in order to make this happen some details are going to need to be tied up.  I have suggested to some that breakfast take place sat morning before wine tasting, and then Sunday be fishing day.  This seemed to get positive feedback from those i talked to.  I dont know if anyone else has suggestions.

Here are some details concerning the trip itself and some financial details.  A trip Sat. morning would be from 7am to noon and cost $40, while Sun. the trip would be from 7am to 4pm and cost $56.  I wish we could take a 7 to noon trip on sunday but as of right now this is the schedule the boat is running on.  Unfortunatly the expenses dont stop there.  I assume all of us will need to rent a fishing pole ($10), tackle ($7) and some may need to purchase a one-day fishing liscnce ($11.95), thus bringing the totals to $69 for a sat trip and $85 for a Sunday trip.  Hopefully you guys have som e feedback and/or any suggestions on the trip.  Also when exact dates, when established, are essential in making reservations.

1. defense
    Oct 04, 2006 @ 21:35:26

Watch out for the wee wee fish.

2. nova
    Oct 04, 2006 @ 20:59:38

we should go fish fucking–jimmy can show us the ropes

3. defense
    Oct 04, 2006 @ 16:15:00

The man who studies fish for a living says the fishing isn’t very good right now, so that sounds to me like we should go wine tasting. Dane, this means go.

4. maritime
    Oct 04, 2006 @ 14:47:01

So in my opinion if we are going to do only one big event we might want to do wine tasting now. The ocean water is getting cold and the fishing isnt that great right now. Maybe we should save fishing for the spring or summer.

5. defense
    Oct 04, 2006 @ 11:43:36

Outdoor Adventure Squad would be stoked on fishing. Wine tasting can wait. If we fish on Saturday morning, then we can BBQ what we catch in the afternoon, then have the meeting Sunday morning when we all have food poisoning.

Oct 03, 2006 @ 16:46:23

what does that even mean towers?? (by the way jimmy, will they let me bring wine on the boat?)

Oct 03, 2006 @ 08:39:23

Deep sea fishing fo sure. I can watch bernie and dane drink wine at home. Outdoor Adventure Squad continuing. Obviously the more cost effective trip would be great and I think that 5 hours on the boat would be enough. Jimmy, could you figure out about how long it takes to get to the spot, about how much time would be spent fishing (like to we have to take turns or share polls, etc., and how many other people (customers) are on the boat?

8. MoAP
    Oct 03, 2006 @ 08:11:26

IFS: The Regatta

9. photo
    Oct 03, 2006 @ 01:10:59

Sounds fun. It’s totally up to you guys, I could go either way. I’ve found a few companies that do wine tours; price would probably be similar to fishing(maybe a little cheaper). But I would be down for ocean fishing as well. If you all really want to go wine tasting I’ll call the two companies that I know of and book it. Just let me know.

Oct 02, 2006 @ 22:41:18

Thanks for looking into this Jimmy. Hate to say it, but logistically, it may make sense to go with just one big event for this weekend – either wine tasting or fishing. And considering that Jimmy has actually looked into fishing, I think that it takes priority over wine tasting, which Dane hasn’t said anything about.