IFS Thanks the Yingling’s

So we have all had time to settle back down into our "normal" livesCimg0557

…and hopefully gradually invite alcohol back into our daily existence.Cimg0540..

… Now that we are removed from the mayhem of the trip, I know we can all appreciate even more what it means to come together under IFS and expand the influence of our organization. It seemed a daunting task to corral that many monks on a plane and travel to PA, but we made a commitment to our brother, so congrats to all of us who made this dream possible. Each one of you brought a diversity to the trip, a bit of character that IFS celebrates in its members…Cimg0565Dscf3807_1

…I know that you all will agree that this trip was one for the ages.

With this in mind, a lot of the success of this trip can be attributed to the Yingling’s generous hospitality and unending kindness and accommodation to our needs. Jordan, you have a beautiful home and two wonderful parents whom it was an honor to meet. We said our thanks while we were there, but now it is time to repay the Yingling’s for all that they did for us: the house, the dinners, the beer, the handles (damn you Jager and CC & Whiskey…thanks Jack), the breakfast, the rides and rental car, and for putting themselves up in a hotel so we could party at their house. I took the liberty of putting together a little gift card package for the Yingling’s: $150 to the Hershey Spa for Jane, $150 to the What If Cafe of Hershey, and $150 to Scott’s Grille in Harrisburg (Jordan suggested these restaurants). This comes out to around $36 per person (including cost of gift cards and shipping fees divided by 13 of us). I ran this by several members and got the ok, so I hope everyone is fine with this. $36 for everything that the Yingling’s did is a small price to pay considering train rides cost a little less than half of that if the Yingling’s drove you to the airport. Please send me a check for $36 promptly (I put this all on my credit card) and don’t want to have to hound people. 209 Mesa Lane, Santa Barbara, CA 93109. Or if you are coming to the barbecue this weekend just bring it up with you. Spa_logo

Scotts_2

What_if_2

Spa_1_1

Jordan, we miss you and hope to see you for the anniversary meeting or for New Year’s. Again, tell your parents thanks for making this an unforgettable trip.

Dscf3794Minister of Athletics and Gift Cardery

1. defense
    Sep 12, 2006 @ 17:44:34

The IFS gmail system is great. Thanks Bunch. Everyone should get signed up for that shit.
    BAABOOOOM!!!

2. Gift Card
    Sep 12, 2006 @ 12:44:25

I can’t help but laugh everytime I look at that picture of Fricker and Finance, aka: Tonto, Tran, Stinkleman, etc., come on it’s too easy. Russian roulette torture shots, great idea to get the trip started off on the right foot. BA BOOM!

Sep 12, 2006 @ 12:22:46

I don’t know how many of you have gone through the necessary steps (basic steps) for setting up your IFS gmail account, but we should all be signed up for it – just check your email and follow the directions that MT has included in his last email.
    Within the accoun, MT has set us up with an IFS group calendar – which we can update and add to when coordinating events. Also, reaching the group via email is easy now – once we all sign up, sending out group emails won’t be a problem. Also, gmail now features a chat function – which is like AIM, so quick messages can be sent back and forth. It’s time for all monks to join the information age. Sign up as soon as you can.

4. baumann
    Sep 12, 2006 @ 12:21:19

BaBoom Jam!

5. baumann
    Sep 11, 2006 @ 17:55:52

That’s fine. I guess I’ll just borrow more money from Curtis for blow and whores.

6. mandrew
    Sep 11, 2006 @ 17:19:46

Towers. Very Nice Gift Cardery. I’ll send my check with Defense on Wednesday, make sure you get the check from B man and it isn’t spent on blow and whores.
    Also on the Mesa Lane house DVR list, there is a program called, “American Eats” in which the History Channel goes through the American History of beer. They have a nice piece on Budweiser. But more impressively the first commercial brewery in our great land is the YuengLing Brewery in PA. They take a brewery tour of the oldest american brewery and explore the beer which was the first beer brand consummed by patriots. And we were drinking it all weekend long, unaware of this important piece of american history. It makes me feel kind of bad for leaving the keg unfinished.

Sep 11, 2006 @ 16:36:31

Everyone check your email. There is important IFS Technology related information.

Sep 11, 2006 @ 16:03:46

Wow dad, great post MoAaGC. I’ll get that money to you as soon as possible. Thanks for fronting it on your card. And thanks to you and your folks once again Jordan, it was an amazing trip. See you in November.