“And for fuck’s sake, stop saying soccer!”

Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.  Take the Minister of Finance for example.  He can’t calculate the tip on a bill worth a damn, but then he brings something like Ba-BOOM to the table.  So you keep around the math major who can’t perform basic mathmetical functions (addition, division, etc.) because he’s capable of taking heart-breaking tragedy and turning it into tasteless comedy:

(Ba – Boom!)

This same concept applies to Green Street Hooligans.  The plot’s contrived, the acting’s metiocore at best, the messages are ridiculous and overtly placed, and Elija Wood stars as the "Yank".  That’s a lot of bad.  But, the movie is about British Football Hooligan gangs.  And that’s a lot of good.  Actually, they’re not gangs, they’re ‘firms,’ and they support their local football teams.  Support here means getting drunk, street fighting with other firms and singing the local team’s anthem – seems like a pretty sweet life and makes for some decent entertainment.  For drunken/mindless enjoyment, I recommend Hooligans – except for Esteban, who’d probably go out and destroy some unsuspecting San Diegan after watching it.

Hooligans_5

Good Flapjack,
Rousing

1. bighandman
    Sep 21, 2006 @ 23:24:49

I think that “even if someone has forced that cheek to turn with his hand the size of my head!” comment was directed at me. I preface this with my previous statement regarding coming to, mid choke out then relapsing into a deeper blackout; I didn’t know that I pimp slapped you in the middle of the bar until the other day when pooman (baumann) told me. In fact, I don’t remember much of that night, except for poking my head out of my blackout to feel what it is like to be getting choked out by E (check that off the list), and I apologize for all of it, mainly to E cause I know the rest of you fully enjoyed watching it. “Girls, girls, girls, come here!”

2. philanthro
    Sep 21, 2006 @ 21:22:32

I have laid up my singlet and entered an anger management class. I apologize to everyone I have terrorized in the past. I guess I should learn to turn the other cheek…even if someone has forced that cheek to turn with his hand the size of my head! But really I didn’t mean for that comment to come out the way it did and I dont think anyone was attacking me Frick.

3. Gift Card
    Sep 21, 2006 @ 17:03:14

SB Newspress headline: Pancake Society Member Goes Postal, 16 Fellow Members Dead

Sep 21, 2006 @ 15:07:10

E I think you have to go up to SB this weekend to defend your honor and lay the smack down.

5. trade
    Sep 21, 2006 @ 14:54:20

I saw E headbutt an unsuspecting individual outside of Tonic about a half year ago. He does take cheap shots.. that kid couldn’t even stand up, especially not after falling against the fence after a headbutt that was eerily Zidane’esque’. Except his was to the face, not the chest.

6. Gift Card
    Sep 21, 2006 @ 11:22:32

I had no idea what was going on when I briefly came out of black out land and was being choked out by E (only to return to black out land seconds after). But I guess you could say that it was the Jager and Tequila that sneeked up on me.

7. mandrew frickerigno
    Sep 21, 2006 @ 10:17:46

Jeez… take it easy esteban. No one’s attacking you here. Just take a few deep breaths and try and go to a happy place.

Sep 21, 2006 @ 08:13:26

Esteban, I wasn’t tyring to say that you sneek up on people, relax bra…god, i’ve got to be more careful.

9. nova norris
    Sep 20, 2006 @ 22:59:37

i was wrestled by esteban. i turned around and the next thing i knew he was shirtless. he touched me, let me show you where on this toy doll.

10. philanthro
    Sep 20, 2006 @ 22:01:20

ahh so after rereading that last post, im super stressed and had an intense soccer game I just returned from. Please take it with a grain of salt. love you guys.

11. philanthro
    Sep 20, 2006 @ 21:24:25

plus I dont fight people who dont suspect it, they know full well whats going on. If this comment is implying that I sneek up behind people and choke them out thats ridiculous. If I have a reason to I will shake their hand and wrestle them, its usually mutual. (how did I get this bad rap?)

12. philanthro
    Sep 20, 2006 @ 17:59:32

Show me a time when I wrestled someone and I will show you a time when I was provoked!

13. mandrew frickerigno
    Sep 20, 2006 @ 15:31:08

yeah, you don’t want to upset eGAYban. He’ll rock your shit.

Sep 20, 2006 @ 12:07:27

Excuse me, mediocre.

Sep 20, 2006 @ 10:57:05

Does it have Vinnie Jones in it? Cause I won’t watch any “football” hooligan movies unless the Juggernaut is in it. (See: Mean Machine)