IFS: EXODUS: SCHEDULES

Ministers and Rabbi,

Cheesesteak Hanks

With slightly under two weeks til Exodus, it all seems to be falling into place.  With ten of us already ticketholders and two Ministers (the dynamic duo of Fidel and Finance…jesus) with tickets in the works – it’s like, wow dad, that’s a lot of monks in Philadelphia.  So now with the initial hurtle behind us (but not for you Fidel and Finance), we now need to do all that we can to help our beloved East Coast Minister plan our trip.  First and foremost, we all need to post our flight schedules TODAY…as Jordan’s comment reads – "I need a final count ASAP if we want to see a ball game."  So comment on this post or create a post of your own – either way, Jordan needs your flight schedule today.

Take care of this now…or else…

.Johnmarkcarr

Good Flapjack,

Rousing

My Flightplan (and Scott’s too):

Arrive in PHL – 5:35AM on Aug. 31st / Depart from PHL – 4:50PM on Sept. 4th

1. trade
    Aug 19, 2006 @ 00:25:33

I got too wasted to post tonight. I will post tomorrow with details…. Sorry for the delay

2. Rousin
    Aug 18, 2006 @ 18:05:37

I just got off the phone with Jordan, and he’s worked out a solid plan for our Exodus…but rather me try to relay it to all of you, he’ll tell you himself tonight when he get’s back from the bars. So look out for a drunken post around one or two tonight, in which Trade will outline our accomadations, travel, activities, and whores. Good Flapjack.

3. trade
    Aug 18, 2006 @ 15:58:48

The airport is in very close proximity to 30th street which is in very close proximity to where we will be staying. So all of you coming in at different times need not worry. Regional rail travels just about every half hour and the subway runs about every 15 minutes. No worries about meeting up, its not that difficult of a city to get around as cities go

4. trade
    Aug 18, 2006 @ 15:56:38

Towers,
    You take regional rail from the airport to 30th st. Outside 30th St Station is a Subway station that you will take to where our hotel is located in center city. I made a mistake in my post above where it says “From the airport, there is a subway station right around the corner and can explain where that is.” It should read, From 30th Street Station

5. trade
    Aug 18, 2006 @ 15:52:58

Baumann,
    to answer your earlier question. I looked at the schedule you put on there and you guys will board the R1 train from Philadephia International toward Center City Philadelphia.. Getting off at 30th St., which costs like 5 bones and some chingy chingy

6. trade
    Aug 18, 2006 @ 15:45:26

No, you’ll take regional rail from the airport to center city philadelphia (30th St. Station).. youll exit there and if you walk out the doors past the auntie annes pretzel stand, right around the corner to the right will be the blue subway line that will take you anywhere in the city.. the eastbound train will take you towards center city where we should try and stay. Ideally, on Market between 11th and 15th, so depending on where we decide to stay, youll get off the subway either at 11th, 13th, 15th.. Anyone want to volunteer to book the rooms? Cause I don’t think I can do it all on my own.. I can talk you through priceline and get one that way, or we could book rooms at the Marriot, or the Loews Hotel which are right on Market at 12th St (perfect location to do what we want in Philly). I’ll do some more research to see if theres anything else in that area

7. miketowers
    Aug 18, 2006 @ 14:32:50

So we can take either the regional rail or the subway?

8. trade
    Aug 18, 2006 @ 14:25:24

Right by the baggage claims there will be signs and doors leading to “Regional Rail”. You’ll get on the SEPTA (Southeast Pennsylvania Transit Authority) trains toward Central Philadelphia. You will get off at 30th Street Station. We need to book rooms in Central Philadelphia for Thursday and Friday nights. We could probably priceline a couple of rooms and get the cheapest rates which will probably be between 90-130 per night per room. From the airport, there is a subway station right around the corner and can explain where that is. You will take the Blue subway line East and get off wherever our hotel is. I’m hoping we can book something on Market Street (main street in Central Philly) between around 11th and 15th. I can work on that with whoever wants to help put forward a card for one of the rooms. Theres plenty to see, plenty to drink and I know my way around downtown pretty well by now and have two best friends that live there that will be giving us things to see and do. That’s all for now, let me know if anything sounds confusing cause its really really really easy

Aug 18, 2006 @ 14:13:56

As far as a schedule of events goes, I’ll get on the phone with Jordan after work and post whatever we come up with. If you want to throw your 2 cents in, call Jordan or myself and we’ll figure something out together. Thanks for posting the link Towers, that’s probably how we’ll all get into town. This evening over the phone, we can also work out the hotel situation.

10. letters

2hrs 15min – nonstop Delta Air Lines Flight 1131
    Mon, Sep 04 11:40 AM to
    01:10 PM Atlanta, GA (ATL) to
    Los Angeles, CA (LAX)

11. miketowers
    Aug 18, 2006 @ 13:57:31

I was digging around for travel to and from the airport and I found the SEPTA Rail that can get you to and from the airport and Philly (and other surrounding areas, not sure if this is what we are taking to Hershey…Jordan which train is it back to Philly on Sat.?). Here is the link: http://www.septa.org/service/rr_schedules.html
    It will cost you around $4 to get from the airport to central Philly and vice versa. I also think that it would be a good idea to post a tentative schedule of events.

12. baumann
    Aug 18, 2006 @ 12:31:12

What are we planning on doing? Well, I can’t speak for everyone, but I am planning on spending the day eating lots and lots and lots and lots of cheesesteaks. That’s pretty much it. Oh, and going to see the Liberty Bell, where I will eat another cheesesteak in honor of the Founding Fathers of our glorious nation, kind of like when black people pour malt liquor on the ground for their friends who are dead or in prison.

13. miketowers
    Aug 18, 2006 @ 12:20:49

I arrive in Philly at 6:55am on the 31st and leave at 5:33 on Monday. Frick, Baumann, roosing, and trade, what are you guys planning on doing all of Thursday? Is the airport in close proximity to the city so that I could easily meet you guys when I get in a little later? This is going to be the most wonderful journey a monk has ever made…besides that time they sent one of us into space.

Aug 18, 2006 @ 12:09:48

Fricker’s Info: Arrive in PHL – 5:35AM on Aug. 31st / Depart from PHL – 4:50PM on Sept. 4th
    (Same as Rousing and Defense)

Aug 18, 2006 @ 11:43:19

sounds great jordan, thanks. once everyone posts their flight times, i’ll give you a call and we can start to work some of the logistics out.

16. baumann
    Aug 18, 2006 @ 11:28:52

Wow, thanks Jordan.

Aug 18, 2006 @ 11:25:38

That guy creeps me out…

18. trade
    Aug 18, 2006 @ 11:22:24

Thanks Curtis,
    lookin forward to seein everyone.. it’s gonna be a sick time. Are people alright with booking a couple of hotel rooms for Thursday and Friday nights in Philly? Everyone can stay at my house Sat and Sunday night, so you won’t need a place to stay in Hershey, just in Philly. Anyone care to take the reigns? The Phillies game will be my treat when I get a final count. You all spent 300-400 to get out here, so I’ll spend that amount to get us all tickets to the game.. miss you guys

19. baumann
    Aug 18, 2006 @ 10:27:32

I spoke with Finance. He says he’s trying to get his ticket. The road between “Finance Say” and “Finance Do” is long and dark, so I’m sure he could use some encouragement.
    Great horribly distasteful picture, by the way.