IFS: THE JOLLIFICATION and IFS: THE CONVOCATION

Sam_waterston_3_1

Well here we are, standing in the face of two awe-inspiring IFS events: the birthday of our beloved Minister of Revelry and Spirits (Converse), as well as the the graduation of The Ministers of Photography (Dane),  Interior Design (Nova), Wardrobe (M.S. – short for Metro Sexual) and Finance (Monkey).   So, congratulations to all of you SB monks for graduating and congratulations to you John for being born.

Sam_waterston_1

Now, the planning.  JCON’s bday party takes place Saturday night, June 10th at the Broadway Bar in downtown Los Angeles.  We can rent a couple of rooms at a nearby hotel (probably the Bonaventure), party with John in our reserved section of the club, and wake up the next morning for an early breakfast – not an official meeting, but more formal than Roscoe’s…in fact, I think we should keep this one in the family and go to an IHOP.  Also, John invites everyone to come down that Friday night (June 9th) as well, for a night of bar hopping in Manhattan beach, with sleeping room available at his house.  Of course, if you can only make it dere for one night, then make it dere Saturday.

Sam_waterston_2

Next, the graduation.  This takes place on the 17th: Finance walks (well, its more like a hop) at 8:00am / Nova and Dane walk at 4:00pm.  Although I’m not planning an official meeting for this weekend because graduations are a mess and not all of us will be in the state, the whole weekend will be saturated with IFS juices nonetheless…I mean, four monks are graduating – ALL MONKS IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA SHOULD GO, SO PLAN ON IT.

And that’s it.  I know it may seem strange that I opted for the LA weekend for a meeting, but we’d be missing too many ministers with a graduation weekend sit down.  So all that’s left is the hotel, which I will work out this weekend.  We’ll probably need two rooms, so that means two more lucky volunteers to throw down their cards…

Sam_5

Komments, koncerns, and khanges are welcomed.   But to be honest, I’ve made the calls, and this seems like the best compromise.  Bottom line, if you miss the LA meeting, then you can catch up the next weekend at graduation.  And there will be shit to catch up on, namely our purchasing plan of the IFS: EXODUS tickets!  See you soon Jordan, you piece of shit.  Good night,

Sam_waterston4

And Good Flapjack,
MOCAR

-Note: this post was inspired by the brilliance of TV crime drama legend, Sam Waterston.

1. S. Lawrence Baumann
    Jun 05, 2006 @ 16:09:11

I will be in LA this weekend, but not in Santa Barbara next weekend. Let me remind you, Fricker, that not a single one of those monkeys came to our graduation. Not a single one. Not even Finance. And what better day to stuff sand into Converse’s mouth than on his own birthday? That’s even better than doing on Christmas. And because I missed it the first time around, I want hear him say “Look at what he did to my face.” But this time, that “he” can be you, Fricker, it can be you…

2. MANdrew Frickerigno
    Jun 05, 2006 @ 15:40:39

Ok i guess i put that post under the wrong category, but none the less it’s there.
    All i’m trying to avoid is the Soup kitchen line.
    I can come to one of the events, the second would be easier. I don’t think Converse wants his ass kicked on his birthday anyway, why don’t we do it on my birthday?

Jun 05, 2006 @ 14:33:40

they have been avoiding eachother…Andy, when did you tell me that you couldn’t make LA? I thought you could come on Sat. but not Fri. Guess I’m not very coordinated. At least I’m roused.

4. S. Lawrence Baumann
    Jun 05, 2006 @ 13:00:47

Hey Curtis, Stinkelman told me his is going to fold you up like a pretzel, and then touch his balls on your forehead. Mexican balls. What do you think about that? Speaking of wrestling, why do the “Chins in the Sand” contenders seem to be avoiding each other so much?

Jun 05, 2006 @ 09:00:40

We wanted to do a meeting graduation weekend, but the monks are walking at different time (8 and 4), so we didn’t have any time for it. Booman will be in LA next weekend – so we’ll have almost a full line up. Also, Sunday of grad weekend is Father’s Day…which most will probably want open.

6. MANdrew Frickerigno
    Jun 05, 2006 @ 08:25:42

So umm yeah, As i’ve already told rousing I cannot make the LA weekend as my brother is coming to visit me in SD and funds are a little tight. I can however make it to the SB weekend. I thought we were going to have a meeting the SB weekend.
    That got nixed apparently. I was thinking of trying to do the surf contest that weekend too but it might be a little busy. What do ya’ll think?
    Also isn’t Booman going to be in NYC next weekend?

Jun 02, 2006 @ 11:17:34

yeah, that sounds good. we could do two rooms there pretty easy. bout 30 a pop. dollars that is.

Jun 02, 2006 @ 11:07:09

The Biltmore might be another good option, $179 a night for 3 adults (2 doubles), and it is closer to the bar (.7 miles).

Jun 02, 2006 @ 10:56:05

Oh but I forgot to mention the Bonaventure is only 1.2 miles from the bar, so definetly drunk walking distance in case anyone happens to vomit in and all over the cab and themselves, and then has to give the cabdriver the last of his money to get his cellphone back.

Jun 02, 2006 @ 10:54:41

Yeah, fancy-shmancy. I’ll call Saman, he should be there regardless…maybe guest member too. I’m sure Booman wouldn’t mind some monks. Maybe we’ll be able to get away with one room instead of two.

Jun 02, 2006 @ 10:49:57

Wow look at our hoity toity group, staying at the Bonaventure, umm what about Saman and Baumann’s places as a way to cut down on 7 people to a room? I just checked and the basic rooms are $229 a night (standard room) for 3 adults (so six). Money wise isn’t that bad a person, but not great either.