Bracketology

Let the madness begin…the NCAA men’s basketball tournament begins this Thursday and I feel that we should have a betting pool for this amazing display of athleticism. I’m not actually sure how we should go about displaying what teams everyone chooses, but I’m sure the Minister of M & T could assist with his superior knowledge (nerd skills). It would also be an added feature when a brother’s picks for the final four are playing during THE RECKONING… relaxing in a leather chair at the Bellagio sports-book, sipping on an Adolphus and smoking a cigar would be ideal. I understand this is an added pressure on the wallet, but if  we all throw in $10 it would be an exciting lead up to THE RECKONING. Please post and comment to let me know how we feel.

Eternally Flapjack, Minister of Wardrobe.

A_morrison2_ft_1 Mc_adam T1_redick_si T1_gay_si

1. MOD
    Mar 13, 2006 @ 17:31:29

Yeah, we should drink lots of Mountain Dew and be really fucking EXTREME!! Not all gay and French.

2. miketowers
    Mar 13, 2006 @ 16:55:40

Is that the kind of Nazism that Schroeder’s kind represents?
    You work for a company called progressive motion, how can you be against progressive bracketing? Are you chicken? BAAAK BAAAK BAAAK BAAAAAAAK!

3. M of AP
    Mar 13, 2006 @ 16:00:54

Extremism is dangerous – it has given rise to things like Nazism (German Racial Engineering) and Final Destination 3. We should use the moderately progressive system.

4. MOD
    Mar 13, 2006 @ 15:56:33

I think, for our society as a whole, we should only do things that are extreme and progressive. I vote for Extreme Progressive.

5. M of AP
    Mar 13, 2006 @ 15:55:58

We definitely need to put this together. It has come to my attention that this site (below) offers a free bracketing service. For any of you nubiles who can’t figure it out, you click on the team you think will advance to fill them in in the next round. When you are done click on the “Get your free bracket” button at the bottom of the page. Email the resulting PDF to the M of Athletics or whomever is going to assume responsibility for this. Here is the link

6. miketowers
    Mar 13, 2006 @ 15:42:18

I’m down with taking care of the money and tallying wins. Here is what I found for scoring. Suggestions?
    Scoring
    4 points for each correct pick in Round 3
    8 points for each correct pick in Round 4
    16 points for each correct pick in Round 5
    32 points for each correct pick in Round 6
    Tie Breaker: Total Points in Championship Game

Mar 13, 2006 @ 15:32:40

I agree this is up the alley of the MOA or MOT. I am busy looking into far nerdier things than a March Madness pool for our group, but count me in for the $10. I do have an Excel doc with everyone’s info that I can email to anyone who needs it. I just don’t want to post all that sensitive material here.

8. MANdrew
    Mar 13, 2006 @ 15:16:46

I was just filling out my bracket and am setting up an office pool.
    The best way to do this is to have one person in charge of the brackets and money. Everyone makes 2 copies of their brackets, one for themselves and one for the person in charge. I have a good pdf of the brackets so you can fill it out electronically and email it. That way it’s easy. Then a little excel spreadsheet to keep track of all the money and you have yourself a pool.
    Then like this, %75 to the winner, %25 to second place and orignial amount of money back to last place ($5-10), as a sympathy gift. Thats how i’m setting mine up.
    I think as the minister of athletics, Towers would be a good candidate for the managerial position. If not Jordan is the minister of trade, that might be a good job for him as well.