Luck Be a Lady Tonight

Las_vegas_strip_ii_1 I know…trust me, I know all too well. Since our last glorious meeting I’m sure you all have been fantasizing about the upcoming weekender in March. By weekender, I mean a movement of men that shall cause an earthquake of epic proportions that cannot be measured on any Richter scale. Vegas baby, Vegas. The bright lights of sin-city have been shining in my dreams rousing me from peaceful slumber, yet reminding me of the necessity of proper planning for such a momentous meeting. I have taken the liberty to research the rates of hotels for the weekend of March 24-26. The Excalibur runs around $420 for the entire weekend, whereas the Bellagio runs about $470 for one night stay. There is also Caesar’s Palace, New York New York and Monte Carlo all around $300-$400. It is obvious the weekend will put pressure on the pocketbook with all the expenses: slots, craps, and the occasional stripper but why would stifle our experience with cutting corners. I by no means want to wake up to a diet of Jim Beam and illegal stimulants, walk out of the elevator face-to-face with Merlin in the Sherwood Forest…you son of a bitch. I’m still in the midst of attempting to get a deal for the Bellagio or Alladin, but if we are to make this dream a reality we must make commit to reservations at a hotel in the thick of gambling environment that will afford us beautiful heinys and stiff drinks. I’ve got my suit ready, my bags are packed and I’m ready to win that Dodge Viper…goddammit, I need this. If anyone has any further connections or ideas for accommodations, feel free to post, but we need to make reservations in the next week. Viva Las Vegas.

Merlin_wizard340_2 Cocktail_waitress_roseann2 Caanjames250

1. Minister of Media and Technology
    Feb 27, 2006 @ 16:24:54

Well is there anyone else that can’t go the weekend of the 24th – 26th? This is an issue for all noobs MOA and MOT because of our 3 meeting rule and poses a significant challenge to our well-crafted order.
    If the MOA killed the MOW in a no holds barred, bare-knuckled cage match we might make an exception…

2. i like fights
    Feb 27, 2006 @ 16:07:33

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!!!

3. mike towers
    Feb 27, 2006 @ 14:37:05

Our schedule has been changing and that weekend freed up. Normally I wouldn’t be able to go on the weekend at all but for some reason we have a lot of weekday games. That see you in hell was just a general see you hell.

Feb 27, 2006 @ 14:29:08

ah, come on Sudam. hey, MOA if you really can’t go that weekend, we need to figure something else out but i wish you would have told me earlier, you know since i see you always…tell me to go to hell, i know where you live…

5. mike towers
    Feb 27, 2006 @ 13:55:44

Well then, put $100 on 23 black for me. See you in hell.

Feb 27, 2006 @ 13:50:39

i will not go that weekend MOA…noob. but, uh i believe that we are now set for Bellagio. Simone has a connection and explicitly told last evening that she can and would get us rooms. and MOA figure it out. love you.

7. mike towers
    Feb 27, 2006 @ 13:02:55

I think that I could go the following weekend cause our game is on Friday the 31st and we’ll probably get the weekend off.

8. frickerigno
    Feb 27, 2006 @ 11:36:16

Any other time that we could go which would work? Another weekend perhaps? It would be ideal to have all ministers present for the meeting.

9. Minister of Media and Technology
    Feb 27, 2006 @ 11:21:17

Ah crap that sucks MOA, any ideas from the fellow ministers on how this could be handled?

10. mike towers
    Feb 27, 2006 @ 11:00:04

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think that we are traveling to the Bay that weekend for a game.

11. frickerigno
    Feb 27, 2006 @ 09:11:57

Lets do it, Vegas Baby!
    What are we thinking in terms of rooming situations. I’m in favor of cramming many flapjackers into a room to keep costs down so we can spend more on alcohol/stimulants/blackjack. Plus we probably won’t do much sleeping anyway.

12. Defense
    Feb 26, 2006 @ 13:36:33

Sorry, the dates are in the post. Got it. I’m there.

13. Defense
    Feb 26, 2006 @ 12:05:23

That’s an affirmative from Hollywood. Give me specific dates.

Feb 24, 2006 @ 20:22:39

EVERYONE should comment on this post or make their own post regarding this most crucial issue. I know that I can make that weekend, I know we all want to make it that weekend, but lets make it official. If you can make it, post or comment. If it seems like you can’t make it, post or comment. Seriously, everyone should respond before the end of this weekend. And oh yeah, almost forgot, you guys better have my fucking movies ready and they better be perfect or I’m calling my Dad.

15. letters
    Feb 24, 2006 @ 18:17:40

ha. . beautiful work wardrobe! yeah man, fuck merlin. gentlemen, its not about money, its about attitude. when we’re making small talk with strippers and they ask ‘where are you staying?’, do we really want to say “in merlin’s magical wing at the excalibur.”?? you feel like that much more of a bad ass if you know that a gold plated urinal awaits in your room instead of a horny bearded magician. am i wrong, AM I WRONG?!?!?

16. Minister of Media and Technology
    Feb 24, 2006 @ 17:57:28

I’ll bring the mexican wrestling mask…